Ex or Serving Members, Enhanced Learning Credits?

Jim xyz

Hi All,

I asked this a wee while ago but thought it was maybe worth trying again, new members and all.

I left the services a few years ago and still have two lots of ELC's to use.

Does anyone out there know of any shooting related (Stalking or Shotgun) courses that I could do to make use of them including DSC 1/2? I'm in North Dorset and don't really want to travel too far.

I've tried Kingston Maurward and Sparsholt but they haven't really got anything.

Cheers,

Jim

They can only be used for level 3 training or above and from a recognised ELC provider. The only training of that level will be from somewhere like Sparsholt or Eastern & Otley that do the full game keeping quals which will include stalking as a module. This is likely to be a couple of years long and residential with work placement. You can generally only take level 3 training if you already have level 1 & 2, not that DSC 3 exists !(YET!!).
I used one of my ELC's to become an assessor in vocationally related achievement (NVQ). I even looked at combining some tree work quals from level 1 - 3 but they wouldn't entertain it as they are all coded separately. You should find all you need to know here:
http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/cancel.asp
MS

As MS says there is little out there because ELC's have to be (a) NVQ level 3 and above - and (b) approved by the ELC board. I tried to get a qualification through a while back, but was worn down by the process.

Cheers Guys,

That's the conclusion I'd come to, I was just hoping I might have missed something.

Jim

Military for you, once you out they ain't interested!i wanted to use my credits up to do a course after being out for a year but when contacted the military they said I never signed some paperwork back in 2003 to be able to have it.:cry:
so had to fund the course myself.

Nobby

Military for you, once you out they ain't interested!i wanted to use my credits up to do a course after being out for a year but when contacted the military they said I never signed some paperwork back in 2003 to be able to have it.:cry:
so had to fund the course myself.

Nobby

I almost missed signing mine way back long time ago, but so glad a mate who was working in RHQ noticed I had missed 3 papers,

So I signed them and used them for a engineering/ power management res training course in skermersdale when I was leaving,

Have to admit I hated the course, back to basics for some on the course and it was run nearly as bad as when I was in the forces and three of the staff where ex mil and boy did you know it,

Bob,

Back