Pro-shooting supplies. (ayrshire)

Uncle Buck

After, shall we say misplacing ( loosing ) :doh:a set of chokes for my shotgun.

I would just like to say Thanks to Neil of : http://www.pro-shooting.co.uk/

for his kind offer of help and assistance, to whom I met recently.

So thanks Neil and good luck with your Aladdins Cave!!

Atb, Buck.

One problem with Neil; you don't get away with money in your wallet. He can smell it if you have any money left. :D I am taking a turn over for some cartridges. No extra cash with me co he will have it.

One problem with Neil; you don't get away with money in your wallet. He can smell it if you have any money left. :D I am taking a turn over for some cartridges. No extra cash with me co he will have it.

Can't really pass comment on that one Jim as I have only met the man.

But ar'nt we all the same "like kids in a sweet shop" when it comes Rifles, Shotguns etc, etc. :D

Atb, Buck.

He is a true gent. Bought my shotgun and 243 from him. No regretsTook my scope over and he mounted it, boresighted it and let me loose on his range to zero. He provided the trap and cartriges to try out the shotguns. Mind you I did leave with a suit and a few more goodies, Jim

I have purchased all my rifles from Neil, very friendly and informative service. Never tires of helping and giving good, solid advice when needed.
With regards to leaving with money in the hip.....well.....I am the same as most in these shops (as most of us are).....there is always something we just have to have!

I think most of these posts hits the nail on the head...............if your spending money in his shop he's your best mate.

I think most of these posts hits the nail on the head...............if your spending money in his shop he's your best mate.

Valid point Cadex, but not always the case.!!!!!

Neil helped me out as a goodwill gesture nothing more. I have dealt with A. Dalgliesh for years.

Unfortunately Alec did not have the chokes. Neil is just an acquaintance nothing more. ;)

Rgds, Buck.

PS. I just thaught I'd give the man his place and say Thank you civility costs nothing.

Last edited:
Don't usually come on here anymore as to busy but from time to time have a quick look and just thought I'd get my fingers typing ref this thread, just over 2 years ago I 1st visited Niels cracking wee shop just for a look and came away thinking next time I needed anything I'd give him my business as he was very helpful etc, iv been 3 times since and only came away with a belta high seat cheap as chips and few other bits and bobs, I found him to be very helpful very good prices and a stand up guy and wouldn't hesitate to keep recommending his services to shooting / stalker mates

Always gets my custom, tryed the rest and never had much joy they either couldnt be bothered, to busy yapping to there mates on the phone or just plain ignorant and wanted the last penny out of my pocket.

Neil always lets me leave feeling satisfied that i got what i wanted and never felt anything but welcome even when i am not buying.

p.s I always leave with money cause he says I have everything i need.

Very Happy customer Dalkur

I fear I may have spoken a bit to soon with regards to pro-shooting, Ayrshire........I visited today in order to purchase some rounds for my 25-06..........Neil could not have been more pleasant to deal with and had in stock exactly what I was looking for..........maybe I was somewhat too quick to pass judgment last time.

Last edited:
I think that at worst this could be called good service. About 2 weeks ago I went to my local landrover dealer to have a look at a Defender and nobody came out to see what I wanted. I waited for a while and got fed up and left. As I was heading towards my car one of the sales men who was still on the phone started waving at me as I got into my car. So I waved back and left. Good service brings people back!

I originally went to Neil's after a recommendation from Dalkur and have since been back about a 1/2 dozen times. Yes i've bought ammo, scope mounts, a rifle and other stuff off him, but i've also went in 'just for a poach and a natter' and returned home without spending any money. He's one of the good'uns, in my book and i'll happily drive right on by Dalgleish's every time to get there.

Back