Trimming one fired brass

provider

Hoping someone can answer this one for me : I have some once fire brass that I want to reload for my rifle, the brass has been fire formed in another rifles chamber so I have neck sized the brass then trimmed to 2.035" but when i tried the cases in my rifle i am finding that the bolt is hard to close why would this be and what do i do ?

Prov :D

i think you have gone wrong with the neck sizing , i always thought if you are using once fired brass from another rifle , you have to fully re-size then re-fire form the case to your rifle and try again .

well thats what i do and it works for me !

good luck .

cheers lee

+1 full length re size then use in your rifle then neck size only once fire formed in your rifle !!!

Thanks guys just wanted to check before going any further. Think i will just stick to my own fire formed brass , seems easier.

Prov :D

Once you've full length sized the brass once you can trim it then fire form it to your own chamber. From then onwards you can just neck size - maybe for 5 times before full length resizing again. I think I'm on neck size cycle 4 at the moment with mine and they shoot well with no signs of faliure on any case.

DC

Back