Another successful weekend

Hi All
A quick write up from the weekend.

Andy and I stalked together in Herefordshire on Saturday afternoon I stalked a little wood seeing a few bunches of Fallow including two bucks but failed to get a shot.

Andy had more luck shooting a pricket early on then a doe at last light in a different area.

DSC01598.jpg

Sunday morning I stalked on my own up in the Cotswolds.

When I arrived I drove to a vantage point over the farms and waited for it to get light. After a few minutes I spotted a group of four Roe on one of the fields so planned my approach.
After a simple stalk I was within 150 yards and studied the Roe, a mature buck and a mauture doe with twin buck fawns not the group I was after so I headed to another part of the farm. I took a route stalking through a little wood but the beech leaf carpet made it imposible to stalk quietly and I bumped some Roe without getting a good look at them.
I continued my stalk dropping through a dingle and crossing a little stream, as I walked out of the gulley I spotted some Roe walking towards me. I shot the doe with a neck shot at about 15 yards and the doe fawn at about 30 yards with the K95.

I couldn't get the truck to where the deer were so I put the pair in the Roe sack which was a very tight fit and fun to get on my back especially with a dog who thinks you want to play when your lying on your back trying to get your arms through the straps and even more so when your trying to get up and he decides to try and sit on top of you with all four feet in the air :cuckoo: MAD DOG, but after a stressfull week he did make me laugh:lol:.

Wayne

DSC01601.jpg

I think andy is just a bit concerned about the eyes on max and as for the smile well he has just bagged yet another 2 with the sako enough said :stir: lol

:rofl: You see why we travel in seperate trucks now :D

Replaced my cologne with eau de stinky old buck.
Humans and dogs not very keen but the deer find it irresistable :D.

Think you are right Jon, they are jealous of the Sako ( in 6.5 x 55 ) :stir:.

Sounds like you had some fun (and max). I would love to have seen you getting the roe sack on. Make sure that you video it next time, purely for educational purposes.

Back