leather rifle sling (like this)

exmarksman9870

Im looking for a sling to go on my .270 that is currently getting a full refurb from peter larson :lol: ...

I would like a leather one with a few bullet holders like the picture below but as i dont have a blaser i dont want to put it on my rifle ...

Leder-Gewehrriemen_01.jpg

Any help cheers ........

Holland and Holland do one very similar

Edit, sorry just checked and their leather one doesn't have the bullet holder, the canvas one does.

Last edited:
Im looking for a sling to go on my .270 that is currently getting a full refurb from peter larson :lol: ...

I would like a leather one with a few bullet holders like the picture below but as i dont have a blaser i dont want to put it on my rifle ...

View attachment 53429

Any help cheers ........

If you have one made make sure it incorporates a fold-over flap to cover the cartridge heads. Easily done and without resort to press stud fastening.

K

If you contact JasonH on here, he will gladly put you in touch with his friend John who makes absolutely stunning quality leather shooting accessories and will happily make them to measure. All my slings, bullet wallets, bolt holders are from him and they will last for ever. They're not cheap, but then neither are the materials and workmanship. It's a shame to spend a fortune on a rifle and then put accessories on it that don't do it justice.

Here's a photo of the one he made for my drilling.

85cm sling #1.JPG

Last edited:
If you are going to have one made, like Pine Marten's ( beautiful color ), see if you can get it backed with pigskin suede. I have one sling like that, and it really grips the shoulder and stays in place well. I wish I could find another like my old one.

If you are going to have one made, like Pine Marten's ( beautiful color ), see if you can get it backed with pigskin suede. I have one sling like that, and it really grips the shoulder and stays in place well. I wish I could find another like my old one.

As it happens, it IS backed with pigskin suede!

Simon (no connection) at Oakside Saddlery is currently making me a bespoke sling, dog collar and lead from bridle leather. I was looking for a new collar for the pup now that she's nearly done growing and stumbled upon his site. Looks like quality stuff and he was dead keen to do a sling for me as a custom one off, although I know he's now considering adding them to his standard lineup.

My tip for a good sling, if length adjustment arrangements allow for it, is to supply your leather maker with the sling swivels you will be using and have them sewn into each end SNUGLY. You can even do this with fixed swivels by screwing the forend swivel in first then twisting the sling in the number or turns required to seat and orientate the heel swivel. Bit of a faff but worth it in my view. Nothing worse than a sloppy set of swivels and the less than aesthetically pleasing use of Chicago bolts or Sam Browne studs to secure.

K

As it happens, it IS backed with pigskin suede!
No accident; that was made by someone who knows how it is supposed to function, not just look.

What Klenchblaize said about sewing them in - they make brass "rivets" for leather which are screws, of a male and female part, with rounded tops which sink into the leather, for fastening swivels which may need to be replaced in the field, like some of the training leads for horses. That is what I have on my sling with the pigskin backing, and others. They stay put when you tighten them down.

Last edited:
Back