duck oil

Irishyorkie

Has anybody used Swarfega Duck Oil on their guns, ive seen it and it seems good value and is available in decent quantities rather than silly little " 4oz " bottles I have been buying. Im looking for an allround gun oil, anyone any suggestions.

Anyones two pence would appreciated. Thanks.

Ive seen that 5 litres for roughly £24 just dont know if its safe on bluing ect, you hear horror stories of some oils.

have you used it redlab?

As long as its mineral oil with a viscosity around ISO 68 or thicker if needed then it shouldn't have any detrimental effect on bluing, maybe steer clear of hydraulic oils as the zinc may cause a problem. I use a general r&o oil in 68cst with no issues.

Yes, I have been using duck oil on shotguns and rifles for many years now, with no ill effects on blueing. It seems to protect metal well against damp etc.

I wouldnt say I over use oil, for example I use two little bottles a year, for the price of those I might aswell buy a bigger quantity and if it does the same job and lasts five years im quids in, plus it can be used in other applications.

Back