Fathers Day

Shadrach2986

So not long got home from work and on my arrival had both kids greet me, well the littlun passed to me for a cuddle. For then my boy of 3eager to give me, me fathers day presents. I had a lovely lil scrap book filled with drawings, pictures and photos from the kids, and also a gerber strata multi tool.
Also there's a lovely roast leg of venison in the oven and a cold beer on the table,
So a lovely afternoon seems to be looming.
How have all you got on, Hope as well as me. :D

Sorry hate father's day made up by card companies not celebrated in my house. Hope every one else enjoys there day though

Nice mate good on you,

Best thing I had was my youngest girl deliver my bullet cuff links and my fav fruit gums etc,

Just glad she's still here to do so,

Best fathers day for a while,

Bob.

Got the 6am from the lad lots of bits sweets etc photos nice man cave sign he made up and had printed on the net , two winter under shirts for stalking .tea toast then off the Pictures to see Jurassic world not bad film then had a nice meal out few glasses of wine a hand made card a plus a nice afternoon doing feck all oh and the go ahead to get the new toy in the pipe line priceless 280ai here we come.:D

Last edited:
Got the 6am from the lad lots of bits sweets etc photos nice man cave sign he made up and had printed on the net , two winter under shirts for stalking .tea toast then off the Pictures to see Jurassic world not bad film then had a nice meal out few glasses of wine a hand made card a plus a nice afternoon doing feck all oh and the go ahead to get the new toy in the pipe line priceless 380ai here we come.:D

Ooh, have you decided on what your gonna have. Sound like you have had a lovely day mate

Hi text this morning from son he will see me tomorrow night he's playing a 72 hole golf tournament. Should be a nice bottle of Malt Mmmm. Going to daughters shortly for fathers day dinner and presses. I must say I love fathers day even after all this time. Hope you all have a nice day.
Jim

My young ones aren't so young now, the baby's 25. Son came up from Wiltshire yesterday and they took me and the wife to the motorcycle museum, had a good look round and reminisced about the bikes I used to own (Where's the trials bikes, the UK was the trials capital of the world ?). Had lunch there then back to my daughters for tea, cards and liitle novelty presents. Daughter brought me Sunday dinner round, as the wife has to visit her mom Sundays, and spent the day with my son.

Absolutely lovely weekend :thumb:

A bottle of Port a bottle of Grouse and a very large bar of chocolate along with the very expensive cards.
At my age and condition of health I reckon they are trying to finish me off ;) but the good thoughts were there.

A bottle of Port a bottle of Grouse and a very large bar of chocolate along with the very expensive cards.
At my age and condition of health I reckon they are trying to finish me off ;) but the good thoughts were there.

Did someone mention port!!!

Did someone mention port!!!
I know this post is a bit off thread but Port always reminds me of the time I went on a Driven hunt to Poland with a good group of guys and we decided to book the same group and ground the following year.
One of the group suggested we have a black tie dinner on the last night to which we all agreed and as one of them worked or managed a cheese factory 'up country' he was going to bring the cheese and I volunteered to bring the Port.
The following year I was surprised to see a different group and we ended up in a different part of Poland too but the upshot of it was that nobody brought any cheese, but I used up almost half of my airline weight allowance with six bottles of Port !!!
It wasn't wasted, but I must admit my room buddy and I drank most of it in the room, we didn't think the other guys would have appreciated such good quality Port.
PS. Never went with that Agent again, couldn't trust his word.

I know this post is a bit off thread but Port always reminds me of the time I went on a Driven hunt to Poland with a good group of guys and we decided to book the same group and ground the following year.
One of the group suggested we have a black tie dinner on the last night to which we all agreed and as one of them worked or managed a cheese factory 'up country' he was going to bring the cheese and I volunteered to bring the Port.
The following year I was surprised to see a different group and we ended up in a different part of Poland too but the upshot of it was that nobody brought any cheese, but I used up almost half of my airline weight allowance with six bottles of Port !!!
It wasn't wasted, but I must admit my room buddy and I drank most of it in the room, we didn't think the other guys would have appreciated such good quality Port.
PS. Never went with that Agent again, couldn't trust his word.

You cannot beat a good quality port, what a shame, do you know why the agent let you down?

You cannot beat a good quality port, what a shame, do you know why the agent let you down?

Yes, he took a complete new group because it was a wildfowling club from his area and he knew we had already booked a trip so like that he had two groups for certain.
When I questioned him about it he said he was approached by another group and so he took them to the good ground the week before our trip !!
The ground we used the previous year we were shooting something like thirty pigs a day, on the trip he took us on the following year we shot seven pigs over three days !! and two of us got dicky tummies from the chicken too.

It's a bit of a tradition in my family that we always go for lunch in the local pub, and this year was no different. My grandfather, father, my son and myself. It's an amazing feeling having four generations sat together.
ATB Lee

Some great things on the thread,

Best wishes to one and all the fathers here with us, and those passed,

Bob,

Lovely bottle of 10yr Taylor's tawny and a 2004 dows, God my kids know me too well. Good lads.

Dom

My two girls are at Lake Garda on a school band trip.
Got a wee bracelet and a card courtesy of the wife before we went to the Royal Highand Show.
Did have a good time but missed the girls (yes I am a bg softie and miss them loads)

Ed

Back