Hi from a new guy in Wawickshire

Scotty99

Hi, I live in Wawickshire. I have been shooting for a number of years mainly game shooting, I am a member of a cheap and cheerful DIY syndicate and we put down around 800 poults each year. I also do a bit of pigeon decoying and wildfowling. I am a member of a full bore rifle club where I do quite a bit of target shooting. I have a Sako .22LR, a Remmy 700 in .223 and a Sako 85 in .308.

I am a member of BASC and have just completed and passed my DSC L1.

I am very keen to get some real stalking experience now, before perhaps taking my DSC L2.

Hi Ian.

Welcome. I'm also pretty new here (4 months?), also a game shooter in a DIY syndicate and a pigeon decoyer, also recently did my DSC1, and also live in Warwickshire.

As as far as I know, though, we are not the same person. ;)

Lots of experience to learn from on here. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Welcome to the mad house. Well done on passing your level one, a good achievement in my opinion. Don't rush into that level 2, enjoy some stalking without being under any pressure. You'll then just walk through level 2 when you actually know how to do things for real. Enjoy the site.

Hi Pothunter, I'm pretty sure that we are not the same person! Although we do have very similar interests. Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to tapping into the wealth of experience advice and guidance available here.

Ian

Thanks for the welcome. That's good advice, I did my DSC L1 with David Stretton at Donnington Deer Management and that was exactly his advice as well, so that's what I am looking to do, get some stalking, enjoy it, learn from experience and at some point take L2.

Back