Cull Target

6pointer

Well there is only 11 weeks to Roe buck season so that means for me only two months of Roe doe season to go. My targets look along way off because of the weather 100 mile per hour winds ans driving rain have kept the roe tight to the trees. It looks very much like i will not make my target any one else suffering the same fate.

decemberdoewityhria004.jpg

Yes, me.

5 visits for 1 hind.

Full moon, gales, mild winter compared to last year at this time. Why would they come out to feed during daylight?...

Always an issue this time of the year as we have two pheasant syndicates, how ever after 6 years of hard cull figures to appease the woodland grant schemes, they have made it plain we have now achieved an acceptable population of roe and muntjac. I will always have a zero tolerance of fallow though as I believe they are the hardest to control in our area, they merely break out from a wood run by a trust with public acess, raid our crops and return to thier sanctuary again. I will not allow them to reside in our 700 acres of various woodland, I also now have 2-3 good stalkers I can rely on as well, so we can relax a bit for a while. deerwarden:tiphat:

It's been slow on the doe's this year. The mild weather means the deer are still feeding in the woods. The wind has been a right pain, and I've been that busy with the pheasants I really haven't been out as much as I should have. But these last few weeks I've notaced the roe moving a lot more so feb I'll be hitting them hard

Hoping for better weather, can't do much with Roe at the moment due to game shooting interests will have to hit them hard in February and March.

Well there is only 11 weeks to Roe buck season so that means for me only two months of Roe doe season to go. My targets look along way off because of the weather 100 mile per hour winds ans driving rain have kept the roe tight to the trees. It looks very much like i will not make my target any one else suffering the same fate.

decemberdoewityhria004.jpg

is that where the doe ended up with the wind davey lol

Back