Meopta warrenty

marrajack

As post say's - I have a meopta 7X50, that is fogged up, anyone have an idea how good/long the warenty is?

It depends on the model and when or where it was purchased. Some of mine have 10 year guarantees and some 30 year guarantees. I would contact the importers Marchwood if I were you or simply email Meopta, they are very good and will reply quickly to any emails.

I had a 7x50 which fogged up an I assumed it was water. Contacted Marchwod and told them the age (7 years) and then returned it to Marchwood. It took a while, about 2 months but I got a new scope replacement. They said it was oil on the inside of the scope tube somehow.
If you look on the instruction card, the small one it will have date of manufacture on it.
the UK warranty is for 10 years, the US warranty is for 30 years.

Quit with the negative vibes, it's not like that have a look at their website. :-|

Ahhh so how is it right that if your an American customer you get three times the warranty that we do in the UK. Do the Americans take care of the scopes better than we do?

All I did was state the facts that once again the British customer gets rooked compared to others. I might be contacting Meopta about one of their scopes as it has developed a problem so perhaps I will ask them the question. I do not know how old this scope is as I acquired it used. Also need a rubber eye ring for my 7x50A as it was missing when I brought that used too.

Meopta scopes were previously only guaranteed for 10 years but are now covered by an extended 30 years warranty provided you register within 30 days of purchase, or else it reverts to the standard 10 year warranty. Meopta and Meopta U.S.A. operate as separate but associated companies so the extended warranty was probably introduced at slightly different times so we are not being offered an inferior service.
Incidentally the 30 year warranty is transferable I don't know about the 10 year warranty, but as I don't intend selling any of my Meopta scopes I don't suppose that I will find out.

Last edited:
I managed to damage the paint work on one of my two meopta scopes. Emailed them direct and got a reply in English with a quote of €30 to repair it. Sent it off and it was returned like a new pin. Had expect an invoice before they sent it back. As it was the factory work card was marked up warranty!
Great service and would recommend dealing with them direct. At the end of the day it's thier product and they want you to be an ambassador for it. Dealing with the UK agent who is also an agent for loads of other manufactures makes you just another customer with a problem.

Will see how I get on as am e-mailing Meopta later today about this 7x50. If I focus the reticle everything else is blurred so something is amiss. Not sure how old it is so we shall see what they say.

I managed to damage the paint work on one of my two meopta scopes. Emailed them direct and got a reply in English with a quote of €30 to repair it. Sent it off and it was returned like a new pin. Had expect an invoice before they sent it back. As it was the factory work card was marked up warranty!
Great service and would recommend dealing with them direct. At the end of the day it's thier product and they want you to be an ambassador for it. Dealing with the UK agent who is also an agent for loads of other manufactures makes you just another customer with a problem.

I would echo this comment.
I emailed them directly on two occasions to ask for;
1. Ocular rubber for 7x50 and 3-9x40
2. Floppy lens end cover for 3-9x42

On both occasions they were superb and mailed the parts FOC.
And this was after asking John at Marchwood to help.

Sounds good. I never mentioned the missing ocular rubbers on both the 7x50 and 7x70A that I have. Both came to me used with them missing. The 7x50A was acquired well over a decade ago now and I have still not gotten a replacement rubber. Just never thought it was that important to me. When I first got it I did phone the importer who was not particularly helpful o that was it.

Be interesting to see what Meopta say. I have asked fro advice on returning this scope for inspection and repair if required and explained that I cannot get it focused and that there appears to be a lot of parallax in the scope.

will use this, a I have just spoke to marchwood, and found out the scope is 11 years old, and now out of warrenty. He wa talking about over £100 to sort out.

Well I e-mailed Meopta direct as suggested 11:33AM on Thursday 9th Feb and as yet no reply............................... OH well I see my "luck" holds to form.

Well got a reply to my second simpler e-mail the scope was manufactured in 2003 so is still covered under the warranty so it has to go back to Marchwood. Looked them up and phoned them so will box the scope up and send it off in the morning.

Back