Moderators...how many can you name?

remmy700

As Moderators have take the rifle world by storm over the past 15 years or so I thought it was time to compile a list.

So how many moderators (fullbore only) can you name...?

Please refrain from telling us how good or crap your mod is...Please just list the brand name

1) Vaime (Thats about as far back as I can remember :-|)

Is this an advertising ploy or a game Remmy, if so what's the prize? :lol:

Whatever here's my entry :

1. Wildcat.
2. Ase Ultra
3. Jet-Z
4. Lawrence precision.
5. Reflex
6. One less charlie
7. Roedale precission.
8. Grampian guns (read your by line).
9. Trident.
10. Dragon (nearly forgot the local one).

That,s all I can think of off the top of my head but if I cheated and looked on the internet I'm sure that I will come up with at least a dozen more. Like you say 15 years ago nobody used them and you would be strugling to name but one, now everyone seems to make them.

Are you looking for manufacturers or model names? Of the already mentioned:

- Ase-Utra (not Ultra) is a manufacturer with e.g. models:
-- Jet-Z
-- S series (Sx and SLx, x being a number 3-7 at least)
-- Northstar (marketed as better made BR-Tuote Reflex)

- BR-Tuote is a manufacturer (although Ase-Utra at least used to actually manufacture their products before creating their own brand) with e.g. models:
-- Reflex (T8 etc.) in many configurations up to machine guns and 50BMG
-- front mounted moderators for pistols and rifles (varying model names)

If you want to go way back how about Maxim the same as the machine gun maker. He supplied noise suppressors (mufflers) to the U.S. army at the turn of the century.

Now come on Remmy announce the winner I'm sure I am in the lead so far. Not only have I given you more names off the top of my head than anyone else but I've also given you the oldest manufacturer. :rofl:

Mods with no name....my own.

Ah the Eastwood then? (Clint Eastwood, a fist full of dollars - the man with no name).
I dare say that there are quite a few guys with an engineering background who have produced their own. I can think of two guys locally who have done so in the past. It was all done above board and they had them entered on their certificates.

i also know a guy who blew up a home made... but it worked for a while no problem

and Valkyrie

Last edited:
You wouldn't have blown these up Paul, they were absolutely first rate and better than some commercial ones.

Anyway I'm surprised at you spending £7 on the Econocan when you could just use an old plastic pop bottle taped to the barrel. :lol:

Ah the Eastwood then? (Clint Eastwood, a fist full of dollars - the man with no name).
I dare say that there are quite a few guys with an engineering background who have produced their own. I can think of two guys locally who have done so in the past. It was all done above board and they had them entered on their certificates.

They were just unobtanium when I had my ticket varied for them all those many years ago, had to make my own!

Back