Hello from Norway

Ake

Hi, I was looking for roe sacks and some new stalking boots and found this site, and decided to join. My favourite game animal is Roe deer and especially Roe bucks. But I try to find the time to hunt most of the species in Norway during the year, from capricaille to seals. But mostly roe deer and moose.

Main stalking rifle is a Blaser k95 in 7*57r topped with a 3-12*56 Zeiss Ht or a 3-9*42 Kahles if I want to save weight. For driven game I use a Blaser r93 tracker in 9,3*62 with a swarovski 3-12*50. For everything with wings and roe deer with dogs I use a Blaser d99 in 2x20 and 7*57r.

On my bucket list:
Hunt Roe bucks in as many countries as possible.
Muntjac stalking
Norwegian "grand slam" (Roe buck, caribou, moose and red deer in one season)
New Zealand
CWD stalking.
The list goes on, but that the top of the list.

A good intro.
Hunting Seals, interesting. And I like the sound of the grand slam.

Welcome

James

Welcome to SD, Ake!

I have visited Norway a few times for work (I’m in the oil industry – used to work for Lundin and now Tullow).

Not managed to arrange to hunt or fish in your beautiful country yet but I certainly intend to!

Best wishes,

Scrummy

Hei Hei Ake

Welcome aboard! I visit Norway quite a bit too but for work unfortunately. Off to Stavanger again shortly, I'll end up walking around the XXL store no doubt buying something hunting related.

Scrummy - I've done a bit of work for Tullow mostly in Ghana though.

All the best.

WH

Hi Ake,

Welcome to the site from a Brit living in Oslo.

Looking forward to hear about your hunting here on the forum.

Hilsen.

Thanks for the welcome! I`m from the other side of Norway from Stavanger, an hour South of Oslo.
When you guys visit the western side of Norway you should try to find some red deer stalking, there are some awesome places to hunt them over there. The pints are pretty expensive over here, or almost everything are expensive here, but rifles and optics are actually pretty cheap compared to rest of Europe.

Always nice to find fellow country men, the best date of the year are approaching rapidly here now. 10. August. (start of roe buck season)

Back