kahles k624i or Swarovski Z6(i) 6-30x50 BT

stephentri

hi iam looking for a new scope for my .223 rem i will be shooting out to 600 yards,rifle is used for vermin and informal target shooting.
would the z6 have enough elevation to get out to 600 yards.
optically would both scopes be equal or would the swarovski have the edge at low light.
if going for the kahles i like the mil4 recital would this be a good option for small targets at 600 yards.
if any of you have got either of these scpoes please let me know what yous think.
thanks stephen

get a nightforce or sightron with decent mildots or millrads if dialling for drop and holding off for wind. if you've got big bucks, go S&B PM2, if less, nightforce nxs, if less, sightron.

personally I wouldn't bother going anywhere near the two mentioned for anything where you'll be doing turret work.

get a nightforce or sightron with decent mildots or millrads if dialling for drop and holding off for wind. if you've got big bucks, go S&B PM2, if less, nightforce nxs, if less, sightron.

personally I wouldn't bother going anywhere near the two mentioned for anything where you'll be doing turret work.

Why??

Agreed if your wanting to dial in then the Swaro isn't where you want to be, although the glass is excellent and they are lightweight. Perfect for stalking etc

Ive found the Kahles turrets to be superb and the glass not far behind my Swaro

Oh, and Id recommend the Kahles, Ive got it with the Mil3 and its a little thick but its surprising how precise you can be. It only covers 4 or 5mm at 100m

Give this a read, best scope test I've ever seen though, clearly, some people may not have wanted their scopes tested in such company so not every scope you could name, or the specific ones you mention, are in it. If you are interested in long range stuff and not just the optics then read the whole test as there is lots on turrets and stuff. I just wish there could be more real tests like this on scope performance to stop all the repeating of marketing and magazine adverts we see when scopes are discussed:

Tactical Scopes: Optical Performance Part 1 | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Give this a read, best scope test I've ever seen though, clearly, some people may not have wanted their scopes tested in such company so not every scope you could name, or the specific ones you mention, are in it. If you are interested in long range stuff and not just the optics then read the whole test as there is lots on turrets and stuff. I just wish there could be more real tests like this on scope performance to stop all the repeating of marketing and magazine adverts we see when scopes are discussed:

Tactical Scopes: Optical Performance Part 1 | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

You beat me to it!. If dialling in is important, which at distance we all know is, it would seem the Khales is one of the better (best) ones.

HL

Why ? Could you please tell me your thoughts as to why

You beat me to it!. If dialling in is important, which at distance we all know is, it would seem the Khales is one of the better (best) ones.

Yeah, I was surprised it did so badly on optics in view of the fact that they are the "tactical" arm of Swaro but I was also surprised that it came out so well as a long range scope as I'd sort of assumed that Kahles were just playing at that game and had just bolted some "tactical" stuff onto a normal scope to cover that segment of the market, which is what I think Zeiss have done for example.

Certainly as a long range target scope the Kahles looks to be a surprisingly good bet and I'd be pretty certain it would be more than up to the stalking/foxing job as well.

I wonder if it has the same glass as the Swaro Z6? Knowing that might help Stephen with his decision as the Kahles scored so well because of the mechanical performance so his decision would be easy if he knew it was the same glass as the Z6 he was comparing it with.

Yeah, I was surprised it did so badly on optics in view of the fact that they are the "tactical" arm of Swaro but I was also surprised that it came out so well as a long range scope as I'd sort of assumed that Kahles were just playing at that game and had just bolted some "tactical" stuff onto a normal scope to cover that segment of the market, which is what I think Zeiss have done for example.

Certainly as a long range target scope the Kahles looks to be a surprisingly good bet and I'd be pretty certain it would be more than up to the stalking/foxing job as well.

I wonder if it has the same glass as the Swaro Z6? Knowing that might help Stephen with his decision as the Kahles scored so well because of the mechanical performance so his decision would be easy if he knew it was the same glass as the Z6 he was comparing it with.

Hi anyone know if the glass is the same as Swarovski,or have any of you looked through both scopes side by side

The 624i is quite a bit heavier than the Swarovski, but on the right type of rifle it's definitely the one I would pick. The only nightforce I would consider would be the ATACR. You are not really giving up anything over the S&B PMII.

? The kahles would be ideal, it is light, excellent turrets with a double turn indicator on the elevation and compact, I have 3 Schmidt PM2 scopes two of the newer 3-20x50 and a 5-25, the 3-20 lends itself more to a long range hunting rig as it is quite compact and a lot lighter than the other pm2 scopes but they are more expensive than the Kahles, heavier and larger.

Back