Anyone tried the Pulsar Recon 750 night vision monocular

Roebuck243

Just wondered if you had hold of the fairly new Pulsar recon 750 fairly new and wondered what you thought.
ive seen the pulsar 550 scopes but fancied a monocular for scanning around.
i did fancy the PVS 14 but a little pricey, unless you know of one cheap .

Hello, a regular forum member purchased one recently so will email him and ask him if he would mind writing a short review. Being completely unrelated to our company it will be a completely unbiased review but I have heard good reports so far from him.

I tested one of the first units, and twinned with a Nightmaster NM800 and for the money it is a devastating device at extended ranges.

We are selling loads of them for the foxing/spotting market as nothing this side of £1000 will compete when twinned with a Nightmaster, or indeed on its own for up to 150m at night.

recon750nm800.jpg

recon750main_1.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Tried and Tested...Exceptional

Just wondered if you had hold of the fairly new Pulsar recon 750 fairly new and wondered what you thought.

Hi Roebuck243

I can say with absolute confidence that these units are exceptional.

I purchased the Pulsar 750 and the Nightmaster NM800 2 weeks ago. Paul from ScottCountry kindly lent us both on loan to try (security deposits required, which is fair enough). I say we, as a keeper friend and I were testing them.

We can easily see out to 400 + yards with the Nightmaster NM800. The IR on the 750N is very good also out to 100 + yards. If you have a large lamp with IR filter on it, you can see out to 600 - 700 yards. You can also alter the CCD screen brightness internally and also change the colours from, White, Green to Red.

Our first night out landed us three foxes. 1 Cull the others too far, but picked up by the 750N.

We have been out several times since and all nights have proven successful. If you apply your field crafts correctly and remain quite and down wind you will get to within 20 -30 yards of your quarry. We have also noted that foxes respond much better to calling when using an IR as they aren't spooked by a BIG LIGHT!!

I can thoroughly recommend these units and when used together they are deadly. Needless to say you will also get the usual exceptional service from Paul @ ScottCountry.

Any questions then please Post or PM me.
Regards
Colin.

Pulsar Monoculars

Hi there

I regulary use the pulsar 550 monocular and it is an excellent bit of kit. It has never let me down at all and I have used it all over the UK in all weathers, and overseas in desert conditions. The best thing about them is that they are digital, which means that you don't have to worry about shelf life which you get with image intensifiers. The pulsars also have the ability to switch to different filters which is great if you are going to be using it for long periods. The 550 for me always gets a good 400 on distance and more particlulary when its clear. Thats saying the IR facilty on is is also a big help in zero dark enviroments. It also has a handy rail to fix attachements to. I use my 550 with a mobile recording device which is small and light weight and I can just pop it into my pocket. A lot of people I know use the 550 including police officers because it s so reliable. The 750 is even better and if used with the night master it is unbelievable. For me personally being able to use these digital bits of kit is great because they are rugged, reliable and practical for any use to be honest. You can also hook them up to computers, laptops and monitors which is also very handy.

Cheers

Our demo Recon 750 unit is out today (to a SD member) as it happens, but bear in mind should you wish to try this or any of our NV kit we have a demo Recon 750 and Night Master NM800 with mount available where you can try it at home.

Hi UFOShropshire, didnt realise you were a member on this forum. Hope the MPR is working well and you are getting lots of footage of spooky goings on in the sky over the Shropshire valleys!

Any new TV programs coming off soon, i liked the picture with you and Shaun Ryder, all that was missing was a Recon 750 in each hand he he.

Our demo Recon 750 unit is out today (to a SD member) as it happens, but bear in mind should you wish to try this or any of our NV kit we have a demo Recon 750 and Night Master NM800 with mount available where you can try it at home.

Hi UFOShropshire, didnt realise you were a member on this forum. Hope the MPR is working well and you are getting lots of footage of spooky goings on in the sky over the Shropshire valleys!

Any new TV programs coming off soon, i liked the picture with you and Shaun Ryder, all that was missing was a Recon 750 in each hand he he.

Yes I like to keep up with the outdoors etc and see whats new. You never know what info you can get from good forums like this. MPR is great and works fantasticlaly with the Pulsar units. It's ideal for me because its small and easy to use and it means I don't have to lug big bits of kit around with me when I'm out up the hills. New shows lined up this year yes, can't say to much on here about them as restricted to what I can say in public, but they are the usual thing. Shaun is hopefully joining up with me in warmer weathers in Shropshire, as he loves the night vision kit and getting out doing some sky watching etc.

Back