Evening stalk

I met up with Csl (Alex) for an evening stalk on our ground yesterday, Alex saw several but did not get a shot as they were playing hide and seek with him in the 10ft kale cover crops.
I was having a nightmare with the strong wind which kept on changing direction so I decided to stalk along the edge of a wood with a crop of chicory along the side of it which on doing so noticed the deer are eating it in places, near the end of the crop and I spotted a buck feeding in the crop, up with the sticks and waited a short while for a clean shot and down he went with a shot to the back of the neck (25 paces).
He had already managed to break off one point and was not a good head but what a beast he was 45lb on the hook and he was full of fat.

After getting back to Alex's pad we got a few drops of blood on the Royal blue carpet in the garage and his staff had retired for the night so here he is grafting :rofl:
Then he got a taste for it and started again this morning outside with his smoking jacket on :lol:

Attachments

• 20140606_213323.jpg
    20140606_213323.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 194
  • 20140606_221617.jpg
    20140606_221617.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 20140607_001738.jpg
    20140607_001738.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 20140607_081742.jpg
    20140607_081742.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Ha ha you git! :D

Well done on the buck mate. Once you tuned in that deer magnet I had no chance over on my beat! He was a heavy old lump, never seen so much fat in a roe... his kidneys looked more like a fat fallow!

IMG_1547.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1549.jpg

Next to my 23lb buck from Weds...

IMG_1551.jpg

p.s. I'm going to be running a course on how to wet-vac blood out of a carpet. £99.99 and you get a certificate. Look out for it in Training Courses & Materials. :lol:

Last edited:
Cheers Ade, I would think you will be booked solid with a course like that ! Do you throw in a free SD smoking jacket ??

Ha ha! :D

youve been getting dress sense

Wait, I have dress sense?! :eek:

Oh and while I remember... the reason tika.308 got "a few drops" (actually golf ball sized clots!) of blood all over my floor at midnight last night was because he had decided that instead of taking the pluck out while he was waiting for me to drive my truck right up to him (again) he'd kick back and admire the view instead! :rolleyes: :lol:

Ha ha! :D

Wait, I have dress sense?! :eek:

Oh and while I remember... the reason tika.308 got "a few drops" (actually golf ball sized clots!) of blood all over my floor at midnight last night was because he had decided that instead of taking the pluck out while he was waiting for me to drive my truck right up to him (again) he'd kick back and admire the view instead! :rolleyes: :lol:
my mate does that all the time with bunnies its a pain,:thumb:

Dont worry he thrives on banter:lol: his knees are like knots on cotton :rofl:

Thought I put my usual kiss of death on the thread and you had to start it up again :rolleyes: :lol:

i will bet its lovely and quiet when you two get out together ,what with all the laughing ,coughing,f+++ing ,slipping and sliding,happy days,

That's why we have to go opposite ends of the estate... that and his fondness for 2 lb spicy pasties ;)

I was having a nightmare with the strong wind

Back