fac ?

squannogs

hi,
ive just got my fac from north wales police. and it states i am able to use my fac for vermin control and zeroing on land i have permission on. does vermin control cover fox ? as all it says on my fac is vermin control ?
thanks squannogs x 1wg

Now your first post should have been an introduction but I guess the excitement of your FAC got the better of you. Is a fox vermin, well yes it is, unless your force thinks otherwise there are some strange tales about what different forces think. The easiest and safest way if you are that concerned is to ring them and ask, and also get the name of whoever it is that you speak to.

Welcome to the site :D

John

hi,
ive just got my fac from north wales police. and it states i am able to use my fac for vermin control and zeroing on land i have permission on. does vermin control cover fox ? as all it says on my fac is vermin control ?
thanks squannogs x 1wg

Do you swat them with it - those paper cuts can be bad but might not put them down. ;)

No mention of calibre so hard to form an opinion, but you really should ask them the question. Fox has it's own section in the HO Guidance and often gets a seperate mention on FACs, so they might not classify it as vermin.

I have permission in N Wales, they will want a specific reference to Fox, not jst vermin. If it is your first FAC it is unlikely to be for centrefire. Am not sure whether they will agree to Fox with rimmys.

Should have said Hi. Angelsey great little spot. Seen any Red Squirrels recently. I hear all the greys have about gone. Have fun with your FAC and shoot safe.

hi,
dont worry i wouldn't even think of shooting a fox with a .17 !! i was just curious as to what vermin covers. happy shooting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.17hmr very good for vermin. It is capable of stopping a fox very effectively up 100yds. with a carefully placed shot. Have fun

Hi there,

I'm with NWP too. same wording on my FAC (my first, had it for about a year). Asked about fox. Reply was, "only 2 forces will permit fox with rimfire, and NWP isn't one of them. You risk losing license if found to be shooting foxes, but there won't be someone lurking in the bushes to spy on you". I also asked about despatch of foxes in traps and snares, and he said ok. However, advice from BASC would suggest that vermin does include fox.

Incidentally, NWP are pretty good to work with. Recently phoned them about land check on a new permission, and the reply was "It might just be simpler to give you open condition". I thought that was pretty good after only one year!

Hi there,

I'm with NWP too. same wording on my FAC (my first, had it for about a year). Asked about fox. Reply was, "only 2 forces will permit fox with rimfire, and NWP isn't one of them. You risk losing license if found to be shooting foxes, but there won't be someone lurking in the bushes to spy on you"..

QUOTE]

Mmm, only 2 eh.
Well one is Kent,

The department rang me to ask that I return my ticket for alteration to include fox with a 17HMR so who is the other?

Beginning to sound like everyone except NWP!
Perhaps the OP and me better speak to them about it!
Or say nowt and get on with the job. IF you were the unluckiest man in the world and ended up in court for breach of conditions I would love to go along and hear the police argue that a fox isn't vermin :D

It would be laughed out.

Back