MOD costs

User00003

WOW! moderators are expensive!!!! just overturned my local gunsmiths inventory of moderators, and the only thing that I had the remotest interest in from an aesthetic perspective was the ASE Compact (black)...£380!!! WOW!!! for a little MOD..Jesussssssss..... rather lose my hearing...

WOW! moderators are expensive!!!! just overturned my local gunsmiths inventory of moderators, and the only thing that I had the remotest interest in from an aesthetic perspective was the ASE Compact (black)...£380!!! WOW!!! for a little MOD..Jesussssssss..... rather lose my hearing...

Jackson rifles offer a minimum trade in price for your old one. I thing it is about £90 or thereabouts, although you may sell it for more on here.

£ 380 to save your hearing seems extremely cheap to me.atb Tim

I have lost a large part of my hearing range due to shooting, i would pay double that to save my hearing
Al

Decent set of electronic ear muffs under £100, hearing saved and work with any firearm even if you are standing near someone elses!!!

David.

Thread prompts a question for those of you that hunt without a mod. Do you use any hearing protection ? I use either in-ear or muffs on the range (tempted to use both next time I get sat between an 8x57 and a .308, both without mods), but like my ears free when out, especially at night.

Actually with a good set of electronics you an dial the sound up a bit so you hear better. Good for wildfowling too as you can hear the wings.

David.

Actually I believe the makers are rather jumping upon the band wagon. The prices are getting a bit silly which is why I shall make my own when i next need one.

Back