New style box Winchester sub's accuracy

private fraser

I can't seem to get the same accuracy from the "new" black box batch of .22 sub's compared to the greyish box previous batch.
Anyone else find that ?.

Last edited:
i havnt shot enough of those yet but i noticed i was missing a few bunnies ,but when i checked my little black bag, i had mixed a few in so im not sure yet i had a go last night with some new ones but never missed ,and it was howling here last night so still not sure ,i will stick some targets out and try three types when the weather settles again ,old winnies, new winnies, plus the eleys,atb doug,

i havnt shot enough of those yet but i noticed i was missing a few bunnies ,but when i checked my little black bag, i had mixed a few in so im not sure yet i had a go last night with some new ones but never missed ,and it was howling here last night so still not sure ,i will stick some targets out and try three types when the weather settles again ,old winnies, new winnies, plus the eleys,atb doug,

That would be good, thanks Doug

I noticed they were a little off too
groups slightly bigger

you can measure rims using a .223/222 case and a set of calipers

Well, we all know that once you find a brand and batch that delivers consistant and acceptable accuracy you should stuff the ammo safe to the roof.

Being of course careful not to breach one's FAC authority to hold of course.

K

If you are talking about the new 42grn Max subsonic then they shoot very well through my CZ. I have only tested them on the range so far, I haven't had a chance to test them in the field as I am still using up the last of my Eley subsonics.

I can't seem to get the same accuracy from the "new" black box batch of .22 sub's compared to the greyish box previous batch.
Anyone else find that ?.
Yes I have noticed accuracy not as good and variation between batches seems much more than the old blue boxes.I am curious to know if the 42gr are more accurate/consistent but have'nt managed to find any local as of yet.

Back