Advice please some old H4350

smithp18

Hi,
I'm about load up some 25-06 in various loads but Im unsure whether to use a tub of H4350 which I have had for 5 years opened once and resealed, does anybody think is could have gone off picking up some moisture etc if the seal was not fully made.
Thanks

Have a sniff and if it smells vinegary then it could well be deteriating but I would think that if it has been sealed and not subject to various up and down temperatures it should be OK.
I used some Nobel Glasgow powder the other day, it was some .222 that I loaded when NG powder was available across the counter :) and apart from a bit of smoke it went OK.

Hi,
I'm about load up some 25-06 in various loads but Im unsure whether to use a tub of H4350 which I have had for 5 years opened once and resealed, does anybody think is could have gone off picking up some moisture etc if the seal was not fully made.
Thanks
Did you, or did you not seal the lid tightly? IF you did, it's fine. I have post-Korean War vintage powder that has been sealed. I still shoot it.~Muir

Back