Dragging deer.

basil

Distinguished Member
I always put the head and front feet through the loop and drag in line with the hair. We`ve seen a few different methods.
What`s yours?

Park truck as near as possible to it, extend winch line, winch in.......done.
Alternatively, mine go in a drag tray and pulled that way, they glide much easier, roe and munties either in roe sack or dragged as you describe.

Take a muscular friend with you as dragging is not always possible and some areas are not suitable for vehicular traffic.
HWH.
DUPLICATES053-1.jpg

Cheers chaps as I have not tried a drag tray yet and dragging a deer makes me feel very old very fast!

similar method to your but,cut the underneath of the animals jaw,feed rope through and tie to both front feet,keeps it all tidy,and doesnt catch.

if you wish to do it cheap buy a plasterers bath and drill some holes for rope :thumb:

You got to be kidding lol

Theyre bloody massive and i keep one in the back of the truck.

Would you seriously cart one of these miles out on the open hill in the hope your going to bag one?

Atb

Terry

You got to be kidding lol

Theyre bloody massive and i keep one in the back of the truck.

Would you seriously cart one of these miles out on the open hill in the hope your going to bag one?

Atb

Terry

mine is 9" deep and 50 inches long black abs plastic fitts in back of ranger with no problems pulling it with fallow in it slids well ,now the one my dads got and he is a spred is a bath and prob 18" deep and 6ft long Galvanised tray and naffing heavy. i don't cart anything we use an argo to bring it up and to pull it and the pulls on foot are after all very ezzy better than trying to carry it out its not that bad in the south west /east . i can understand up there on the wild hills of nowhere but the Q was what do you use ? i use a plastice tray :tiphat:

Last edited:
Get yourself one of those we cheep tarpaulins with eyes in the edges, tie the rope round the front feet, and put a half hitch round its snout, keeping the rope between the legs and snout as short as possible, lay beast on tarp with rope fed through the eyes, wrap and stitch the tarp down the seam using a bit of string. That makes an easy package to pull that will slip easily through rough ground and not pluck the beast as you go! Plan your extraction before you start pulling, one of the shoulder harnesses are perfect for extraction!

ATB Barry

Managed to get my hands on a forensic bag ... heavy duty pvc with handles slip a harness through the handles and bobs your uncle lol

The bottom photo is partly why i asked the question. Surely this method makes dragging harder? You`re dragging against the hair.

you are right, but if he would drag the other way he'd be going further away from the car :D

edi

Back