Seasonal weather.

macberran

Distinguished Member
Out checking the stock and notice the leaves turning, several robins, early berry growth and light and cloud that is more like mid September not early August, or is it me.

It's certainly not you Gordon, I was only discussing this yesterday with my father-in-law.

ATB

Tom

Hello Thomas, hope all is well with you. I took a picture of some Birch that started turning 2-3 weeks ago. And the light this morning, most odd.

I was out with the dog this morning and notaced a blackberry bush full of berry's thats early

A definite Autumnal feel these last few mornings, swallows have started to gather although I know of a nest where she is still
sitting on eggs.

I agree with you all quite alot of ash, oak and birtch trees are sheding there leaves. The damson trees in my garden have hardly any leaves on. The nights are alot cooler to came back from having a meal out last night noticed quite a few people having open fires. Is this a sign of a long hard winter a head oh us ? with mother nature warning us in advance.

Hello Thomas, hope all is well with you. I took a picture of some Birch that started turning 2-3 weeks ago. And the light this morning, most odd.

Very well thank you Gordon, I hope all is good with you too.

I agree, a very odd sky this morning, I was walking the dogs just after 5.00am, and as you say, it could have been September!!..... and we picked a bowl of blackberries yesterday evening :eek:

I have a few more 6.5x55 Norma cases if you want them. I dare say you must have christened your 6.5 a few time by now:)

ATB

Tom

I'm ok for cases at the minute thanks Tom. As for getting out not as yet this year really, trying to keep the clients happy:(

Agree entirely, it appears to be more like mid September. Had very same conversation with a fish buddy, who commented about the change in the leaves. The ground down her is very dry but there does not appear to be the heat in the ground. Hawthorns and blackthorn's are absolutely loaded with berries/fruit.

D

Here in the Midlands, especially around Tamworth, we have a large population of Canada and Grey Lag geese and I've noticed that they're already getting into "gangs" getting ready to migrate, I know they don't migrate in this country but they do go through the motions, as a rule it's normally the end of Sept but this year they're at it early, night before last a skein flew over the house just after dark honking away like good 'uns,

A lot of swallows have ganged up and heading south and the cherry trees are bare of leaves, not a good sign.

I picked a good crop of blackberries three weeks ago here in Somerset and the sloes have been purple for a couple of weeks at least. :-|

not been many wasps and bumble bees about this year too noticed the badgers have been scratting the nests out so dry ,heck of alot damsens wild plum and sloes even cherrys in one of our woods :D

Blackberries and purple sloes everywhere here, seems like it's not just on land, the Mackerel have moved away early and the Cod are already starting to show, also at least 2 tuna caught off the shore.

Just noticed some Sloes ! Cyres, last year we had 3 hornet nests and 5 wasps, this year 1 wasps nest. End off. I'm off for some logs :scared:.

Back