New Reloading gear/happy as Larry

Trapper

Well its arrived !
New lee kit and some rcbs stuff ! Think i need some calipers , so I look like the mad professor , got powder , rounds, 150gr for .308 100gr for .243 to start with ! Am as happy as a sandbag in the Sahara! :lol:
Now I can get stuck in there , to those out there who pm,d me thanks for your invaluable input,. Got me a great mentor to kick my butt , and I look forward to the pursuit of perfection!!!!(I just want em to go where i aim that will be a good start!! ) Oh and safety glasses 8)
Regards Trapper :rolleyes:

All the best for your first try at reloading.
Am thinking about it due to the local gunshop not keeping in what I need.

happy reloading Trapper

Keep us posted on your progress mate

Jonathon

It's great, Trapper! :D

You very quickly forget about the inital costs for material and kit, and thereafter have the illusion of free ammunition!

Last night - no ammunition at tea time, by 8 o'clock I had 10 rounds of 243 and it didn't cost me a penny!

Good Luck, I enjoy it, need to get some done actually, that will be the weekends task I think.

Let us know how it goes.

TJ

New re-loading gear

Hi

Just got mine last weekend (Lee Anniversary) and I've made and fired my first .243 rounds. (Will also do 25-06 later).

First shot was a bit of a head trip - for a moment I thought about rigging up a remote trigger pull just in case - but I prevailed and didn't have any problems.

Already I have determined my goal which is going to be around 41 to 42 grains of powder for a 100 grain sierra bullet. The 40 and 40.5 grain grouped around 2.5 inches and the 41 grain below 1.5 inch.

Tonyc :lol:

Back