DSC L2 - WITNESSING?

W16OEN

I have received my blue coloured L2 portfolio which allows me to use a credible witness for two of the three stalks. I believe the green portfolio which comes out in April restricts all witnessing to accredited witnesses only.
My question is - as a blue book holder do I still have 3 years to complete my portfolio using 2 credible witnesses and 1 accredited witness.
I am unsure as to the time frame if I propose to use credible witnesses?
I would ask my assessor but I thought others on this site could benefit from the response I receive.
Thanks very much.

i am in the a same position i spoke to an assessor last week and he did not know how ever there are numbers of meeting for the assessors to attend country wide north York's is on the 28 of April we should know more by then

i have just spoken to David Goffin at BDS

this is the official line as of the 1st June 2010 you will have to complete all stalks with AW as to forfill the new criteria and green book portfolio.
All those registered before May 31st 2010 can continue on the old system as long as you have left in you three year registration

level 2

hi i understand that anybody who has the blue book carries on as the system is at present anybody getting the new book has to go with the new rules atb
tom

I am Dave Goffin.

I have recently spoken with an Ashley Bates who I believe is one of the contributors to this topic of discussion. Ashley in his eagerness to post his new information has missed an odd word here and there which some might find slightly confusing and for clarification I submit the following.

From 1 June 2010 DMQ are making changes to their system of operation. This will require any person registering for DSC 2 from that date to have each of their Individual Cull Records within an Edition 6 Portfolio witnessed by an Approved Witness whose name appears on a list issued to candidates by DMQ.

Any person already registered with an Edition 5 Portfolio or registering prior to 1 June will operate under the terms prevailing at the time of registration which will continue for the duration of the registration period.

I note one contributor has suggested that he would have spoken to his Assessor but decided not to in the interest of wider awareness. I would strongly recommend that any candidate currently undergoing their DSC 2 who has concerns of any nature, speak to a DMQ Assessor (not a witness) or visit the DMQ website www.dmq.org.uk I hope this helps all those who are not sure of their current or future position with regard to their DSC2 evidence gathering.

I spoke to Dave Goffin when I was having my first rant on site See INTERESTING CONVERSATION and mentioned The Stalking Directory and his answer was " I have Nothing to do with that tittle tattle " or words to that effect. What do you know the powers that be are taking notice at last

I have always found Dave Goffin to be a source of good information and willing to help. I have always found him to be polite, curteous and extremely helpful in all my dealings with him.

Rangefinder said:
I have always found Dave Goffin to be a source of good information and willing to help. I have always found him to be polite, curteous and extremely helpful in all my dealings with him.

+1 on that
Regards

I would hardly call it tittle tattle :confused: there have been many issues with Level 2 in particular, and the way it has been administered in the past. Although it appears to have improved over the past year or two, we still hear of folk not being treated fairly on this site, and its about time people listened to all stalkers.

There are many good stalkers with Level 2 who have more knowledge and experience than some of the AW's, and this new rule of AW's only being able to mark off someones Level 2 is going to make it extreamly hard for anyone to pass Level 2 without a great deal of cost being involved.

Sikamalc

Malcolm theres only cost involved because people are filling there pockets , not really caring whither there level two client passes or not ,because it's more cash for them, then the cost of the beast and the cost of the portfolio to be filled out and the accommodation if available the list is endless for what people charge for .

It cost me nothing for my level two as it should be, like minded people helping like minded people , the trend is now to charge , I could see the force of things if you had to pay for a approved witness Qualification but you don't .

Anything more than fuel costs is over the top.

Sad in my eyes but again thats the world we live in . Dog eat dog world

admin said:
There are many good stalkers with Level 2 who have more knowledge and experience than some of the AW's, and this new rule of AW's only being able to mark off someones Level 2 is going to make it extreamly hard for anyone to pass Level 2 without a great deal of cost being involved.

Sikamalc

If they are that good Malc, then why are they not AW's? If you are good enough to become AW's then just do it! It actually costs nothing. :eek:
If you are worried about the costs involved by people wanting level 2, then the more AW's there are the better, surely? :confused: Anyone in the category you have stated above should just get on with it and do it! They obviously agree with the system or would not be level 2.
All the new system will do is to make sure the witnesses are actually up to the required standard instead of them just telling people that they are.

Dave Goffin is one of stalkings 'True Gentlemen' IMHO, and will always go out of his way to help. I, for one, welcome him to the site! :)
Welcome Dave! :D

Edit:
For anyone who thinks they are good enough to become an AW here is a link to the application form to become one!
http://www.dmq.org.uk/downloads/Approved Witness application form 1-9-09.pdf
You will need two referee's also.
The download form for each of them can also be found on the DMQ website in the 'Downloads' section. Like Mr Rangefinder below, I have never charged for a Level 2 stalk. It never cost me to get mine done originally either. The more of us that get qualified and don't charge, the more it will drive the excessive costs down of those that do!
It's all about 'supply and demand'! ;)

widows son said:
Malcolm theres only cost involved because people are filling there pockets , not really caring whither there level two client passes or not ,because it's more cash for them, then the cost of the beast and the cost of the portfolio to be filled out and the accommodation if available the list is endless for what people charge for .

I have just taken two individuals thro their level two and I have not charged a penny!

But let me tell you what it has cost me:

15 outings no shorter than 4 hours a piece as not every trip was successful
I have driven over 400 miles in my 4x4 @ 27 MPG @ almost £5 / Gallon
Numerous hours of paper filling
Grief from my wife for being away from home when I shouldn't
and finally
Scorn and laughter from others who think I should charge something.

Oh and before I forget. only one has said thank you, I never even got a cup of tea from either of them.

BUT you feel free WS to stop me anytime you think I'm filling my pockets and not giving a sh*t whether they pass or not.

Rant over

Rangefinder said:
I have just taken two individuals thro their level two and I have not charged a penny!

Oh and before I forget. only one has said thank you, I never even got a cup of tea from either of them.

That's shocking. What you've done for them and not so much as a decent thank you or gesture. :eek:

Mauser66 said:
Rangefinder said:

That's shocking. What you've done for them and not so much as a decent thank you or gesture. :eek:

+1..Thats pretty harsh treatment form some very ungreatfull clients..

I have to say thats not something ive come across often,on nearly all occasions ive found those around me to be very thoughtfull and generous to those that have been mentoring/helping them..

The fella local to me that helped me out for my level 2 didnt charge for the outing,fuel, any deer shot including medal heads or for filling my portfolio out..

In time i will pass this gesture on just as his mentor had done for him..

knowing his passion for fresh fish i would like to add that he wont be fitting much else into his chest freezer this year ;) :D

No not really I like to think its an oversight on their part as they were nice blokes who probably didn't even think about what it was costing me.

Or perhaps I'm being really stupid and they are just on the take just like all the AW's out here as some would have you believe.

Oh I forgot that bit PS, I even let them keep the carcass when they had harvested one.

Rant is definately over now, I've said my piece.

Night all

RF

Thanks to you all for your comments in particular to Dave Goffin and ASH143.
I have been advised by my assessor not to use L2 as witnesses as they generally don't fill in the paperwork correctly and he pointed out in no uncertain terms that if it aint filled out right he will send the portfolio back.
I am i bit uncertain now of using L2's ? Those of you who have, could you offer some advice/guidance please?

Back