British shooting show

paultap

Hi guys, I visited the Show on the final Sunday and was impressed by many of the stands

The Blaser stand was right in line with the main entrance, I was pleased to find that you were actually encouraged to pick up and handle the rifles and shotguns that they had on display. This was a welcome change from a lot of the other stands where the rifles/shotguns had key locks which effectively just bolted them directly to the display stands (though no doubt you could probably ask to have one unlocked to look at)

Schmidt and Bender had a very impresive stand also with a vast array of scopes available to try on rifle blanks, they also had duplicates of many of the models on display which cut down on the time it took to get a look through many of the scopes there.

Having looked at Zeiss and Swarovski RF binoculars on their respective stands, I was also hoping to get a look through the latest Leica Geovid HD-B Rangefinding binoculars. I eventually managed to track down a pair on one stand, when I asked to have a look through them however, I was told that unfortunately there were no batteries in them, they were priced at £2600. I would hazard a guess that most people shelling out that kind of money would actually like to try out the laser rangefinding function before deciding on buying a pair!

The free to enter prize draw area was an improvement on previous years also, with entries being entered on IPad type devices instead of filling in entry forms in pen and then having to post them in entry boxes after searching out each of the individual stands...... Have any SD members won anything I wonder?

What about your visit? How did you find the show?

Last edited:
great ,had a good chat with 1 of the country covers owners,new smock arrived tuesday well worth the dollars.tried zeiss ,n swaro see what all the hoohah was about.had a drool on the blaser stand and scot countrys selection of toys.bought some bargeens much cheapness and had a nice stroll which ended up with some knives n knife making bits follow me home.enjoyable day out.yes some werent there from last year but there was plenty filling the gap .

Liked the play with the new Drone Pro. Had excellent service from Christ at Swillingtons who brought a set of Ruger mounts to the show for me (sad that they didn't have a sign up above their stand on the Friday). ATN talked freely and honestly about the teething problems with the x-site and the fix that should be out within a couple of weeks that should fix everything - hope it does for those that have bought early. The enthusism of the guys on Best Fox Call. The opportunity to compare the ranges offered by Night Master.

+1 to the brilliant, tolerant team on the Blaser/Mauser stand at 3.30pm on Sunday. It'll be a while before I step up to one, but from having them so thoughtfully explained they're on the (long range) radar. Browning folk were good, too, but you had to ask to have the rifles unlocked - as Paultap says it's so much better to have them on retracting wires.

had a good day after just missing the 42 vehicle pileup on the m40.

got there collected my drone pro x 10 then my new weaver rail and set of to meet up with a few people,

found Carl Moore a great chap and his info on the drone was great, overall a good morning.

then we set about searching and digging about for bits and bobs, a shooting buddy with me got a great deal on his new 22lr scope and sling, so he was sorted.

overall not bad.

very disappointed with the lack of loading gear (means I never found what I was after) but I thought it would have been the place to have a big stand ???

food was a tad on the rip off side, plenty of room to walk about without being hassled plenty of seating in the food halls some of the stands where impressive, the best one was the stealth clothing stand........................it was empty or id I just not see them :(

there was a few other stands with no one in or on them so a sad thing to not turn up.

bob.

ps: would I go again

NO

Pro. Had excellent service from Christ at Swillingtons who brought a set of Ruger mounts to the show for me (sad that they didn't have a sign up above their stand on the Friday).

They didn't had one on Saturday either... took me a good half an hour to locate them...

I was also hoping to get a look through the latest Leica Geovid HD-B Rangefinding binoculars. I eventually managed to track down a pair on one stand, when I asked to have a look through them however, I was told that unfortunately there were no batteries in them, they were priced at £2600. I would hazard a guess that most people shelling out that kind of money would actually like to try out the laser rangefinding function before deciding on buying a pair!
Trying to avoid having to sell as ex-dem perhaps...

Had a great day, picked up some discounts and learned some useful tips from stand staff.
Blaser chap from Germany was very informative, now to try the tips out.
Leica giovids were located and tested, £1850 on binostore.com.
Found out how to shoot prone when using sticks, no need for a bipod.
As mentioned earlier, Fox call lads were great and full of tips.
Minox stand were useful if you knew how to ask the question, New binos on side awaiting first outing.
Nitesite were honest and informative, they wanted you to buy what you needed and not bagging the big bucks.
Facilities were ideal for the show.
Cheshire gun room could do with bigger stand next time due to being crammed, took ages to pay.
Will be there next year.

Relly enjoyed it, will be going again next year. Facilities were great. Aim45 drag bag £110 so well happy with that and I also treated my Browning shotgun to some new Teague chokes ! And finally a new jacket so £300+ lighter in the pocket.
Food wise I spent £3.50 on a bottle of pop and an all day breakfast butty so couldnt complain ! I took my own extra drink and had breakfast before I went so was sorted.

Reloading wise Brock and Norris had loads of kit with them and were over two stands !

ATB

Matt

Back