223 100 yard zero

ravanelli

Hi all
Had a frustrating session today. Had to re zero after rifle took a fall moving the scope on its Picatinny rail. Wasn't even on paper at first, from 50 yards!!!!! So too many rounds later I
Finally settled on the group you see as my avatar/ profile pic.....

Rav

These were actually the Hornady FMJ training rounds, the ones with the steel casing......
Rav

A word of warning. Cycling those steel cased rounds from the magazine in large doses can wear the lower side of the chamber mouth. A fried of mine got a surprise after he ran out of the steel cases ammo he was using and went back to handloads. After 1500+ round so steel case his chamber mouth was wallowed out. Or that's what he claims (I never saw the rifle myself.) Just an FYI. ~Muir

What scope are you using, I have the same gun but with the sporter barell and use Hornady 55grn soft point at 100yds about halve of what your picture shows maybe your scope is still out or your gun don't like the ammo you are using

Hi all
Had a frustrating session today. Had to re zero after rifle took a fall moving the scope on its Picatinny rail. Wasn't even on paper at first, from 50 yards!!!!! So too many rounds later I
Finally settled on the group you see as my avatar/ profile pic.....

Rav
I use a thing known as a Shot Saver, slips into the end of the barrel and saves loads of ammo, it will get you on the paper easily also allows zero to be checked without firing a shot.

Deben sell them, wouldn't be without it.

If anyone is interested I have a spare I might sell......

regards WB.

Six shots, 100 yards with my Howa.~Muir
c3d3e5dd-fd3a-4f94-92df-bd3499ce76a6_zpsebd2fd25.jpg%7E320x480

Back