Women and bathing

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]As always in Stalking Directory I am amazed at the variety of topics that are discussed and interested to know who the knowledgeable men are that contribute to any particular post.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]In my experience the above mentioned ladies that are challenged in this way have either not had the benefit of guidance at a young age or could be classed as 'slappers' ( awful term but I couldn't come up with anything better). [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]It amazes me that so many of you on SD have had or appear to have contact with the latter.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]My guess is that you too are personally challenged maybe in the tool department. Maybe the classic knobber?? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The aforementioned ladies can be taught better personal hygiene, but not sure what can be done for you- bless.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]For those whose brains are above and not below the belt the clue is in the name....Filledeferme. Never ceases to amaze and amuse me as to how many of those that respond to my contact call me 'mate'. I don't have a problem with that at all. After all this is I guess a site populated by 99% men, but there comes a time when awareness needs to be raised and a little respect shown ..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]This could go one of two ways. Either I am asked to leave the site or you can embrace diversity and all perspectives. Whichever, ladies in shooting and stalking are growing in numbers and that is not going to change.

PS would love to see the figures for men!!
[/COLOR]

FDF,

Not springing to anyone's defence, but "mate" seems to be more of an imperative to many SD members than learning French.

Perhaps this is why they are seemingly undeterred by issues of personal hygiene.

I wonder if the principle of avoiding cross-contamination, rightly emphasised in DSC, could be extended into such members' intimate routines.

Naturally, my own conduct is always beyond reproach.

I think this is what is forgotten - it is possible to keep perfectly clean using soap and flannel at a wash-basin. Queen Elizabeth I's remark concerned not, I think, washing; but rather bathing.

An excellent point, but the choice to wash rather than bathe was as much a practical matter -as anyone who has spent extended periods out in the field will testify- as one of custom. Those with the means would bathe rather more often, the moral opprobrium of the envious majority permitting, of course. The association between bathing and immorality was presumably reinforced by the inclusion of mixed bathing in the attractions of a visit to a brothel.

]For those whose brains are above and not below the belt the clue is in the name....Filledeferme. Never ceases to amaze and amuse me as to how many of those that respond to my contact call me 'mate'. I don't have a problem with that at all. After all this is I guess a site populated by 99% men, but there comes a time when awareness needs to be raised and a little respect shown .

And just why can't a woman be a mate ? I think it's just a term now that's used to show trust as much as anything.

And just why can't a woman be a mate ? I think it's just a term now that's used to show trust as much as anything.

A friend of mine used to call his wife "mate". I found this odd. She later left him for someone who called her "darling". Probably not the crucial factor, I know, but somehow it seems to have made the whole thing less surprising. He was devastated, poor chap - teenage sweethearts and all that.

Too much washing is bad for your skin,bodies are reasonably self cleansing,showering twice a day is definitely not good for you and us old uns only used to bath once a week and strip wash at other times.However if one is indulging in certain pastimes it is necessary for females to wash otherwise they may end up with a body like a plasterers radio.

Hmmm, "strip wash" I belive this is what is called a "whores bath" in America.

SS

Hmmm, "strip wash" I belive this is what is called a "whores bath" in America.

SS
Hey man when you had to boil water for a bath in front of the fire and take turns in a tin bath,also go for a c..p in a thunderbox bucket up the garden, you learned how to wash with a flannel and water to keep yourself clean.
i know Americans have some funny sayings but I would hate to have been in your shoes if you had used that one in front of my mother.

Hey man when you had to boil water for a bath in front of the fire and take turns in a tin bath,also go for a c..p in a thunderbox bucket up the garden, you learned how to wash with a flannel and water to keep yourself clean.
i know Americans have some funny sayings but I would hate to have been in your shoes if you had used that one in front of my mother.

That’s nothing!

In my day it were the cattle trough or nowt. Had to break through 2” of ice in winter and use coal sacking to apply the hand-made pine tar soap. Seldom got through to Spring without a wee one getting frost bite

K

That’s nothing!

In my day it were the cattle trough or nowt. Had to break through 2†of ice in winter and use coal sacking to apply the hand-made pine tar soap. Seldom got through to Spring without a wee one getting frost bite

K

Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch again.

That’s nothing!

In my day it were the cattle trough or nowt. Had to break through 2” of ice in winter and use coal sacking to apply the hand-made pine tar soap. Seldom got through to Spring without a wee one getting frost bite

You got soap????? We used hedgehog skins as bath brushes, got em off the gipsys.!

On a serious note, we do not realise how lucky we are now. My good lady nearly had a seizure a few days ago when the water was off for a few hours.
I am only talking 50 years ago and our village still wasn't on the sewers and the only person with a bathroom owned the Manor House. Cleanliness is next to Godliness but one can overdo it and strangely enough it can lead to disease as no one in modern times seems to have the immunities we kids had. A days ratting at threshing time,picking up and counting rats and then eating our lunch (without washing). Playing in and around rat infested buildings we must have been immune to Weils disease. Ok we had impetigo and nits were rife but a purple unction cured one and if you let your hair get greasy you never got nits. Save water, shower once every other day,bath once a week and use a flannel and soap at other times.

On a serious note, we do not realise how lucky we are now. My good lady nearly had a seizure a few days ago when the water was off for a few hours.
I am only talking 50 years ago and our village still wasn't on the sewers and the only person with a bathroom owned the Manor House. Cleanliness is next to Godliness but one can overdo it and strangely enough it can lead to disease as no one in modern times seems to have the immunities we kids had. A days ratting at threshing time,picking up and counting rats and then eating our lunch (without washing). Playing in and around rat infested buildings we must have been immune to Weils disease. Ok we had impetigo and nits were rife but a purple unction cured one and if you let your hair get greasy you never got nits. Save water, shower once every other day,bath once a week and use a flannel and soap at other times.

These days the cure-all (not for minors) is copious quantities of alcohol.

SS

Back