Mora Knives

762Scot

Just wanted to see what the general consensus is on these knives for stalking. I know there are many custom knife makers out there but am just thinking of a cheap functional knife that if I did manage to lose it I wouldnt be too upset.
Any recommendations?

Prefer the carbon steel blades, easier to sharpen than the stainless ones. A fine simple knife with a good grippy handle for much cheapness, what's not to like ?

Prefer the carbon steel blades, easier to sharpen than the stainless ones. A fine simple knife with a good grippy handle for much cheapness, what's not to like ?

+1 for the Carbon steel blade, have both at the moment the carbon blade is easier to sharpen.

Great value for money. Come in different colours including orange so you don't lose them. Also available in stainless steel and carbon steel. Always have one in my roe sack.

great knives, and they come in a great bright orange colour, I never understood why people buy a camouflage or green/black knife to take out into the field, the first time you set it down its a pain to find!

Regards,

Gixer

+1 for the bright orange one,only 10.99 and resharpens well enough.got the roe knife too with the little ball end ideal for skinning

I have one in stainless with a orange and black handle. Great value for money. I have mine like a razor and it holds a edge well.

Regards Kev.

They are great for the money but I found mine wet blunt too easy and it rusted too bad so binned it and have switched back to my old knives...

They are great for the money but I found mine wet blunt too easy and it rusted too bad so binned it and have switched back to my old knives...

Submerge the blade (carbon) in vinegar an force a patina..this will solve your
rust...+1 I'd never be without one.

Atb, Buck.

Great knives. Keep one on the boat for dispatching lobsters and filleting mackerel. Spare one in my bag for stalking, although I have a stainless Buck Alpha as my main knife, just because I like it. Mora's are superb for their price, but they are not a beautifully balanced high quality knife, but then they are not the price of one.

Plus 1 on the carbon blades, I use both the stainless and Carbon knives and also prefer the carbon for sharpening the blade develops a Patina with use, imo best all round value for money, if you are prone to losing things get the very bright orange lol.

regards WB

Last edited:
Back