Thread: Looking for help, Bishops Stortford/Essex area

Looking for help, Bishops Stortford/Essex area

I am looking for some help to get me back on track with my deer stalking. I completed my DSC level 1 a few years ago now but have done little stalking since. Mainly due to starting a new job, moving house and generally life getting in the way.

I have some land in the Bishop's Stortford area with a good number of fallow and muntjac and would like to make better use of this.

It would be great if I could accompany someone to learn in particular the gralloching process and carcass handling first hand.

I am available during the week as well as weekends as I work shifts if that is good for anyone.
    Hopefully there is some one out there that could help or knows what direction to take next.

Kind regards

Last edited by Jim239; 24-02-2015 at 00:09.

if i was you i would clear my inbox,they will be cueing around the block thats a very genourous offer to someone ,good luck and atb doug,

Might not be much help but a guy I work with stalks in saffron, if you want me to get his details etc and pass them on to you then it would be no hassle for me. Alternatively i think the guys at hides and deeks in Stansted mountfitchet stalk.

All the best.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, however, you can f**k it around until it's thirsty" Anon

Hi James,
    I've recently done my DSC1 and been on a graloching course and buchered a couple of deer. I work in Bishops Stortford and would be very happy to meet up. I'll PM you my number.

Hi James,
    Great offer.
    I have dsc1 &2 and plenty of time on my hands to ''help you out'' I've done a fair bit of stalking around the Stebbing area and beyond so no problem with the travelling.
    I would imagine that you will get hundreds of offers.
    PM me for further details please.

Hi James
    have sent you a PM

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the messages, I should hopefully be getting back to everyone shortly. I am looking forward to getting back out and doing some shooting again that's for sure.

Hello James
    I have seen your post on the Stalking Directory and am retired and have been stalking now for many years.
    I have all the relevant qualifications, Levels, 1 & 2, Meat Handling, Manual Handling, First Aid, etc. I live in Sheering which is very close
    to Stortford, and if you wish to contact me feel free. (
    Last edited by Keldy1; 03-03-2015 at 21:16.