HWV pup recommendations?

palmer_mike

Hi there,
I'm currently looking for a HWV pup and would like to know if anyone can point me In the right direction.

Must have full pedigree (with no blanks), and from working lines.

id be grateful for any information

all the best,
Mike

I got mine from Julian Apps, Harigos gun dogs in Hastings. Odd location I know. Did a lot of research before I went to him. Very good and proven working stock, no interest in showing at all. He is now 2 1/2 and a real cracker of a working dog. They are a bit on the needy side, but that's the breed in general rather than the stock.

Other alternative was Roy Bebbington of Gongos gun dogs in Yorkshire.

I got my lad from Lanspar Gundogs County Durham, lovely natured pup, wants to be with me all the time but has no issues living in his kennel. He wants to hunt any chance he gets and has a great nose on him constantly air/ground scenting and now that I am starting to read the signs indicating deer up ahead. He has already had a couple of good finds for me!

Hi Mike, speak to Darren at Musket HWV he has some fantastic dogs that are stalked over and worked on all game, my 6 month old bitch has some of his bloodlines and is a pleasure to train, welcome to the world of velcro dogs.

Velcro vizslas was always used in reference to the Hungarian Vizsla (smooth ) not the wires , separate breeds and very different dogs

Litter due early April in Perthshire to an imported bitch from Hungary to one off Roy bebbington dogs believe it;s an import aswell, the bitch is working Deer 3 times a week and very impresive.

Colm

Go out and see some hwv work. Do not just go on recommendations. I have seen hundreds of poor working dogs and hundreds upon hundreds of poorly trained working dogs yet have never come across anyone that owns a poor dog !!!!!!!.

The velcro is stuck to my feet in front of the fire
Mine is to Pendle.Don't mind though she has had a good roe doe tonight told me where it was before I saw it and took me into the tree's to find it.
You don't own a HWV you wear them.Wf1

My mate has a Bebbington dog as a pet though .dont think he docks them as my pals defo isn't docked ! He hasn't any low ornaments in the house anymore either .
norma

Mike,

I'm just south of you outside Chelmsford. If you want to come and spend a bit of time with one you are welcome to visit. I also stalk in Suffolk, going up Friday morning. He's only 2 and not perfect yet, but you can come along and watch him work if you like.

Go out and see some hwv work. Do not just go on recommendations. I have seen hundreds of poor working dogs and hundreds upon hundreds of poorly trained working dogs yet have never come across anyone that owns a poor dog !!!!!!!.

That's probably because most folk don't want a FTC :doh: all I wanted was just a stalking companion to keep me company and to help out now and again when there's a tricky find or it goes tits up!

Back