Is big brother watching or is this fake?

Looks like the person had it coming. D&D is a big red cross, plus other activities.. Did I read racially related. I think the comments alluded to that are derogatory were the icing in the cake.

Looks as though it could be genuine to me. Explains exactly what is happening and why. On the face of it, there are good grounds as to why revocation should take place. The (ex) holder will know what he has put on Facebook and about his convictions for being drunk and disorderly. If not factually correct they have a right to appeal.

I would say fake as if the police were going to revoke your certs they would not send a letter first for obvious reasons (break in at house guns stolen) they would just turn up mob handed get you to open cabinet and just throw weapons into back of van without a care in the world and if you do get them back you then have to jump through hopes while on fire to get the compensation for the damage not happened to me but someone I know

ATB Paul D

Surely if you were such a threat to society you would receive the letter delivered by hand as they entered your house with a warrant to seize your firearms.

I'd contact the police and get them to look into it. Must be some sort of offence sending letters pretending to be from the police. Harassment at least.

Wolfie

As you say Wolfie such letters are normally served by hand and any firearms held seized immediately, well they are around my way anyhow. The letters confirmimg the revocation are normally quite specific and don't list a whole range of possible reasons.
When judging if this letter was a fake or not bad grammar doesn't come into it, as many of the letters I have received from the firearms department over the years have been poorly written even to the extent on times as to have you wondering what the hell they are talking about. Just look at some of the conditions written on firearms certificates if you need examples.

Years ago as part of the promotion exam process some uniformed services used to have a paper called "written communication", it was one of the papers where a pass was essential in order to gain promotion to a higher rank. This was dropped some years back, what a pity.

Last edited:
Big Brother certainly is watching to the extent that the organisation I am with has a full time social media staff member who's job is to monitor all the rubbish that the troops put up on Facebook, twitter and whatever else. He gave us a lecture or two on it and the bottom line is, whatever you have ever written, it's all out there and people can find it. Newspapers with unlimited funds are very good at this. So, my friends, like Agag, tread very carefully.

If it's real he has a chance to get his stuff to a dealer before plod arrives with van , then check for authenticity.

Looks like the person had it coming. D&D is a big red cross, plus other activities.. Did I read racially related. I think the comments alluded to that are derogatory were the icing in the cake.

Assuming he did these things of course. :-|

I see there's no reply as to whether it's on headed notepaper. But even if so, it's not too difficult to get a police logo off the web and concoct your own.

Whether the recipient is guilty of any of the misdemeanours in the letter is one thing. If this was sent to someone and is fake, the sender commits an offence against The Malicious Mail Act 1988.

All a bit speculative of course. But something to while away a Sunday afternoon before the rugby starts I suppose.

Almost certainly fake, however don't be under the impression that big brother ISN'T watching.

Farcebook and ****ter are very much on the radar.

Last edited:
Hate to say this, but is anyone naive enough to think GCHQ is not monitoring everything that goes on here if they monitor what goes on the other side of the world? :-|

Pretty much everything is monitor-able. We have more CCTV cameras that anywhere else in the world. The saving grace is that Broken Britain can't afford to have all these cameras/Facebook/Twitter/Forums/email/txts and whatever else monitored all the time. However, there is of course software that will highlight certain words and phrases. So they can be selective. Not everyone who uses jihad (Hi GCHQ - I'm harmless really) on a forum is a terrorist so I guess a lot of it will be discarded.

For the love of God - if they are watching, please order a drone strike on Marcbo's trailer - shoot a laser guided pair of XL pink girls panties (twisted) into his gob!

For the love of God - if they are watching, please order a drone strike on Marcbo's trailer - shoot a laser guided pair of XL pink girls panties (twisted) into his gob!

Sorry, but we're right out of laser guided panties (pink or otherwise) as nearly all were used bringing peace and democracy to Libya. The residual stockpile of laser guided undergarments are being held in reserve to support our efforts in bringing peace and democracy to northern Iraq and Syria.

Looks like a fake as they would have broken down your front door and cut your gunsafe from the wall if they were that worried. then again I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future facebook posts etc will be used as extra fodder to refuse a fac grant of variations...

Back