Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wellington boots

wellington boots

hi guys can any one give me there views on ether of these boots as i riped the calf on one of my boot today on the shoot and need some new boots before Scotland next weekend.

hunter balmoral neoprene

hunter Original Neoprene

or muck boots

I had a stupidly expensive pair of Aigles that lasted two years, then bought Tay Muck Boots on a friend's recommendation and I can't believe that I havn't bought them before!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are without doubt some of the comfiest things I have ever put on my feet.

I won't buy Hunters anymore, they do not last on me, I do not know why? They used to, but not now.

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I bought a pair of Jack Pike neoprenes for less than half the price of your cheaper option - might work out a bit more at retail if you can't access the local farmer's store. Fit well, do the job and nice and warm.

we have tay sport muck boots in stock 86 del
    or chiruca neoprene wellies 56 del

steve hunter

hi russ get a pair of grub stalkers very good boot
    atb tom

Ide go LaCrosse Alphaburlys, with the gusset at the back, They are a really tough boot. My Dad walkes 14miles per day in his, and has had the same pair for 2 years, that a fair few miles! He prefers them to the Le Chameau, Aigle and Hunters he has used.

Ive just ordered a zipped pair from Bushwear. Though if I were you I'd go for Lace up boots for hill stalking IMO much better on the hill.

Just thought you might not be hill stalking!!
    Last edited by Sam; 27-03-2010 at 21:59. Reason: Ooops =]
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Le chameau for me cost a bit but last well ,dont like aigle found them very thin soled,could feel every stone through them
    had a pair of Royal Hunters and found my feet were always cold, never tried Muck Boots.

+ 1 for Le Chameau, i have had mine for around 8 years now and still going strong.and they keep my feet nice and warm in the winter.worth the money any day

yes but le chameau are french and if they wont but our beef i am not buying their wellies