34 pigeons on a windy day...

I have been waiting for a windy day to have a go at some local pigeons, I cant shoot the fields directly behind my house as the owner is an anti shooter....however the adjoining fields are nothing to do with her...It is quite strange as she is related to the people who work the land and yet has let the birds graze the rape to stalks!!
A lot of land to cover but my shooting kept the fields to my right clear with the fields back beyond the one I was shooting I put a long rope banger on...

My Spaniel is on bed rest as he has cut a pad :( mind you I never had to rebuild the hide to day lol....

Very fast birds gave some testing shooting, only 30 in the picture as I could not retrieve the other 4...

001_zpsqnjmac8y.jpg

Tim.243

Tim,

Well done, pigeon present some challenging shooting with a lick of wind.
I have just finished making pigeon and black pudding burgers from the birds I shot on Friday, I am looking forward to my tea tomorrow.

ATB 243 Stalker

Pigeon is 1 of shootings best fruits! Second to venison.
I would rather a good pigeon day than any other shotgun shooting. You cant beat it an some days they are hard to get.

I would rather a good pigeon day than any other shotgun shooting. You cant beat it an some days they are hard to get.

Definitely. With a shotgun, it doesn't get any better than a good day pigeon shooting.

Best test of man & gun 'Pigeon on a windy day'..
There is every shot in the book with them....

Nice one, good shooting in the wind, got a few for the pot as well.
Thank you...Just had a mate around for half a dozen, last year I had to breast them out for him, know he just slips the knife in and whips them off. No chance of getting him to crown them lol

Tim,

Well done, pigeon present some challenging shooting with a lick of wind.
I have just finished making pigeon and black pudding burgers from the birds I shot on Friday, I am looking forward to my tea tomorrow.

ATB 243 Stalker

I like the breasts with a fry up....

Pigeon is 1 of shootings best fruits! Second to venison.

I have Peter Theobald quite close to me and learnt a lot from him, including the gloves are off once we get in our hides lol....

Tim.243

Back