Selling to France with family transport

Gaothead

Hi,
I have an FAC air rifle and moderator for sale and a French licence holder wishes to purchase it. They have family in Suffolk who they want to collect them and deliver to France. Could the UK family member get a temporary permit to make this work? Or maybe the French guy come and get it - how would that paperwork work?
Thanks
Halam

I think a call to your FEO is a better bet than asking on here...

No disrespect to the wealth of knowledge available here, but this is obscure at best, and he/she will be the one to sign off on what you're looking to achieve.

I thought about that I, but you never know someone may have experience of something similar. Also two reasons to gather wider opinion:
1. FEOs have been known to invent their own well intentioned interpretation of he regs.
2. Maybe Suffolk FEOs are the ones to consult because it's their residents that would hold the temp permit.

Lets see what people come up with.

Cheers,

GH

It seems not.
The advice above to ask the feo is probably the best, but my gut-instinct is that it would be improbable for a temporary fac to be issued (heyday still probably have to jump thru all the hoops normal fac holders do).

might it be possible to get an RFD to export it to France for you?

Are you able to get the pressure turned down so that it can be removed from your FAC, and become a standard air rifle again? Just a thought

you would need to use the services of RFD who could arrange for it to be exported to a frence RFD, i think it would be far too much hassle and the cost prohibititive,

One option may be for the Suffolk family to apply for a visitors permit (£12)with an option to purchase a firearm once here; thus allowing the French chap to come over and buy the gun from you.

F

One option may be for the Suffolk family to apply for a visitors permit (£12)with an option to purchase a firearm once here; thus allowing the French chap to come over and buy the gun from you.

F

Frank has just hit the 100 Watt button :)

Stan

Yep, that would be something to put in the too hard to do box. Can't see it's worth the hassle unless it's a very expensive thing or it has sentimental value perhaps.

F

This is the way forward, presume the person buying it has a European Firearms pass if he has then getting a Visitors pass providing he has someone in the UK willing to be a sponsor should not be a problem, Visitors passes are not normally provided for the purpose of buying firearms, normally they are issued for people coming to this country for sporting purposes, but the application forms do have a section to fill in if the visitor intends to buy a firearm while in the UK.

Your original proposal of the family appling for a tempory permit is unlikely to be successful,and if you use an RFD
I believe he would need to apply for an export license.

The holder of a European Firearms Pass does not normally need a a export license if he buys a firearm while visiting the UK and the transaction should be relatively straight forward, but best to check out the exact procedure with your Firearms Licensing Department.

Last edited:
Back