NO NGO at the CLA

I'm not a member so its none of my business really but, just out of interest, was the decision to back the buzzard killing appeal put to the membership in a referendum? I don't know the state of finances but surely this is going to potentially bankrupt the organisation?

I'm not a member so its none of my business really but, just out of interest, was the decision to back the buzzard killing appeal put to the membership in a referendum? I don't know the state of finances but surely this is going to potentially bankrupt the organisation?
The answers to your questions are NO .... and YES.

And while the NGO usually piggy back on another stand like kings and sportsmans feeds they still have to provide hotels tickets and food Ect for the volunteers and employees for the four or five days setting up and dismantling inc .sad state of affairs if the cla can't help out such a fighting force in the countryside and perhaps charge the RSPB TREBLE !
Norma

The hire charge for a RFD's stand at the 3-day British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh last month was quoted at £1800 a day.

Businesses have at least a chance to make a profit (in theory) from putting in an appearance, but I'm not sure that many do.

Norma, Kings and Sportsman are on the NGO stand not the other way around.

If you look at the NGO accounts they have more than enough to cover the costs of the judicial review. Which by the way is nothing to do with killing buzzards but a point of law on wildlife licencing.

From what I have been told and read on the website it is about greed of others.

The hire charge for a RFD's stand at the 3-day British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh last month was quoted at £1800 a day.

Businesses have at least a chance to make a profit (in theory) from putting in an appearance, but I'm not sure that many do.

Cheap for a trade show. Not my industry but I'm off to Dubai this weekend for a Show.

I usually see £ 10,000 for a three day show just on costs for the venue. This is all tax deductible, so money you would already be paying to the NHS....

A cash flow issue initially but it pays it's return in years to come.

Our producers should be showing abroad and our shows should have the overseas exhibitors. Makes economic sense ;)

Export versus Local.

Stan

Norma, Kings and Sportsman are on the NGO stand not the other way around.

If you look at the NGO accounts they have more than enough to cover the costs of the judicial review. Which by the way is nothing to do with killing buzzards but a point of law on wildlife licencing.

From what I have been told and read on the website it is about greed of others.

Sorry, my mistake, I thought it was about a refusal to issue a licence to kill buzzards but if its nothing to do with killing buzzards then I must be confusing it with some other judicial review.

The one that I was thinking of involved a man who had previously been convicted of pesticide offences so that can't be the one as he would surely have been expelled from the NGO?

Looks like I've got it all mixed up, my apologies.

Before the NGO opened on the morning of the gamefair, there was a right old noise coming from inside the marque
Hope the gathering are spending NGO money wisely and Not taking advantage
Hope I have put 2 and 2 together and got 25 !!

Thats bonkers and in comparison the 3m x 15m open space pitch at the CLA for £940 a day isn't that bad then!

The CLA as well as the other pseudo game fairs are all over priced and have lost their original direction, all seem to cater for the countyfilers rather than anyone else, some aisles resemble dodgy car boot sales and bargains are rare due to high pitch fee's. Shame

The CLA as well as the other pseudo game fairs are all over priced and have lost their original direction, all seem to cater for the countyfilers rather than anyone else, some aisles resemble dodgy car boot sales and bargains are rare due to high pitch fee's. Shame
Exactly couldvt have said it better , reason why I've not been in years

Well done NGO. CLA has never been keeper friendly with all keepers busy with various duties.
All of the fairs are very expensive now for both trade and punters. CA have for a few years; not had a Splash clothing stand at various shows and have instead given discount to members on clothing made possible by hire of pitch.
This ;logic makes a few organizations stand out and gives good deals and representation for current members.

Dear sir , I had two stands at the British Shooting Show 3 x 6 meter units, and the cost was £530 per unit per day including electricity and a storage cubicle . I do not know where you got your pricing from , only to say for that money it must have been one big pitch!!!!!!!. We do not attend the CLA as for the 3 days our costings were over 5K and to be frank I would rather attend the BSS where money is being constantly invested back into the show to make it bigger and more dynamic every year. Yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Back