RE: Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 for sale

I've never heard of any centre fire rifle 'scopes that have had anything other than horizontal and vertical adjustments.
I have used several makes of 'scope over the years and never had a need for any other adjustment either.
I'm surprised this 'scope is still for sale at this price.

I've never heard of any centre fire rifle 'scopes that have had anything other than horizontal and vertical adjustments.
I have used several makes of 'scope over the years and never had a need for any other adjustment either.
I'm surprised this 'scope is still for sale at this price.

Well you obviously dont do alot of shooting at varying distances then. the third wheel is a side focus paralax adjustment, without it the scope is useless at less then 75m since the picture is all blured, cheaper scopes have fixed paralax and the more expensive ones have adjustable for this very reason

These scopes are very forgiving, I had one and shot deer from 20yds to 400yds. No need for a paralax.
For target shooting there might be better scopes out there. For hunting this scope is great.

edi

Well you obviously dont do alot of shooting at varying distances then. the third wheel is a side focus paralax adjustment, without it the scope is useless at less then 75m since the picture is all blured, cheaper scopes have fixed paralax and the more expensive ones have adjustable for this very reason

:confused::-|

What?

Having shot things at things between 15yards and 500yards with one scope (S&B 8x56) That has two dials Im well lost.

What Scopes have you encountered this with Hornady, Im intrigued??

Sam

Last edited:

I'd get a tin hat on if I were you mate :)

Adjustable parallax is nothing but a pain in the ass IMO,i have it on my Luepy and leave it set around 100yds which is ok till the bloody thing somehow gets moved then your shooting all over the place,not got anything to do with focus and by the time you **** around playing with it for every shot at different ranges if your shoting deer it will probably have legged it,waste of space on a stalking rifle,probably useful on gophers JMHO.

:stir:

Laughing all the way with that comment, I'd say EMcC has shot 1000's of deer amongst other things, he also shoots Boar on the Continent, so I think your right, he aint shot much, especially those driven Boar, which he uses a scoped rifle for, that run past you at arms distance.......:doh::doh:....

Now, where is my Parallax?

oh my goodness.

he does not shoot much, more than likley to have shot more than you will in a life time. like myself i have put more rounds down range in a day than most will ever shoot in the same life time,

i hope you read the replies to that statement as it may make you think twice before replying the next time sir,

bob.

hat off to Eddie for not replying with a harsh sharp comment.

Well Hornady your lack of experience has really shone though with that post, I was :rofl: :rofl:when I saw your comment.
Having lack of experience is not a problem, plenty of newbies on here, ask the question don’t act as if you know it all and people will help you out.

Thanks for the laugh.:lol:

ATB

Tahr

I've moved these posts out of Lordy's For Sale thread as it was in danger of being hijacked somewhat. ;)

Alex

I have a PM2 3-12x50, it has 4 knobs on it, Oh Dear........:doh:

The thing with that scope is it has a Elevation Turret, Windage Turret, Illumination knob and a Parralax knob, I didn't realise how rubbish the PM2 scope is as it only Parallaxes down to 50m, going to look for an cheep Jap scope that will now focus to 10m to just to avoid that blurred picture.:oops:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are some 'sopes that come with just two knobs as standard but end up on the rifle with a third that looks down the tube...

Ahhh gentlemen,

I also frequent somoe other forums and on one a poster was bemoanign the sudden drastic drop in Leupolds quality control as he brought 5 Leupold scopes and every one was faulty. You can imagine how he feels now!

Hmmm I went to find the post to copy and paste the content only to find it's been deleted? strange ........................ Oh well perhaps the site woner is afraid of losing advertising?

As for parallax adjusting scopes I find them OK for the range but a right royal PITA in the field. Had on on my Wabbit Whacker for a while but it went on e-bay as I got tired of losign Waslerly Wabbits when tryign to get a focus on the little blighters when they wouldn't co-operate and stay still. It now has an old 4x4 Nikko Platinum on it which has a nice big field of view! Which will do nicely for the .22 L/R if they're to far out for that then it's time to break out the .222.

I'v been stalking for a long time and have shot deer at close range and some at a bit longer distance. Never had one of those paralax things. What have i been missing all these years?
Where can i buy one from and are they available in a bulk pack.

www.prokennel.se

Back