when is it going to stop

User00003

when is this wind going to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to go zero a new rifle and it's 30mph with gusts up to 70mph...garden furniture all over the lawn..every day...

seriously, if anyone here is from the Duns region, you must know what I'm talking about, I'm actually thinking moving might be necessary if it doesn't get better....

rant over, just frustrating:rolleyes:

I was planning on doing the same at our club shoot tomorrow, but it's no better here in Northumberland

I'm just south of the border from you and its the same here, pig sick of it. I think tomorrow is down to 10mph according to BBC weather

when is this wind going to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to go zero a new rifle and it's 30mph with gusts up to 70mph...garden furniture all over the lawn..every day...

seriously, if anyone here is from the Duns region, you must know what I'm talking about, I'm actually thinking moving might be necessary if it doesn't get better....

Peter, just run along to Braidwood clays & use the pipe range! Or if you're heading Edinburgh way drop into Morton clay & use their range; it's what they're for.

A perfect example of why it's handy to be an all round sportsman. If the weathers no good for the rifle there's a good chance it would be worthwhile taking the shotgun out.

i imagine there's a few people having some good sport on the pigeons and crows in this wind.

novice

You need a tunnel range!
It's also worth considering zeroing at much closer range. ie, if you know that your rifle shoots one inch low at 25m, just zero it one inch low at 25m. That way the wind will have negligible effect.
You'll get a tighter group too!
MS

If you fancy a drive to Sutherland the Highland Shooting Centre near Bonar Bridge has got a 100 meter underground range. Probably a bit far though......

Dead calm here in the Black Country, suns blazing as well, tee shirt weather :D

Ok, I'm lying, it's blowing it's head off here as well ............ but the sun is blazing down :thumb:

Same here, March in like a lion as they say. Got my newly re barreled rifle back and would like to get it zeroed out to 150 instead of the 40 odd I've tried so far.

Shirt Off, sunbathing, after mornings work in the garden. gentle warm breeze.

Off out about 4pm.:)

If its blustery you can zero at 40 yards

Thats just a normal day in Argyll, except we get it with rain

How will you know where the round goes if you have to shoot in this wind?

I just go in the lee of a hedge and then turn around and shoot the other way....

Granted it is not easy, however who said it was easy....

Tim.243

I have a client in the Isle of Wight. I finished with them at 14.30 and then a really lovely 45 mins sitting on the quay in Cowes, having a bite of and a cider in the sun and gentle breeze before catching the ferry and flight back. The pilot did caution it might be a bit lumpy coming into Edinburgh. 60 mph gusts and the Dash7 was bouncing around and big thump as it landed. Sublime to the ridiculous comes to mind.

I have a client in the Isle of Wight. I finished with them at 14.30 and then a really lovely 45 mins sitting on the quay in Cowes, having a bite of and a cider in the sun and gentle breeze before catching the ferry and flight back.

That sounds good, trees are stirring like kelp in a swell at the moment

I used the pipe range at Braidwood for the first time today to zero the .222 and the new .243.

Brilliant set up, and well worth a tenner for a sterile environment to set the gun up. The .222 shoots single hole groups at 100mtrs. (so any variation to that is down to me :D)

I used the pipe range at Braidwood for the first time today to zero the .222 and the new .243.

Brilliant set up, and well worth a tenner for a sterile environment to set the gun up. The .222 shoots single hole groups at 100mtrs. (so any variation to that is down to me :D)

Yes,it is, isn't it. I've been down a few times now & it's going to be a regular stop for me. You may have noticed my bag of wheat in the corner to shoot off!

I did notice it, but me being from the Pans, I nicked it for the birds :D

I used the bench rest, which allowed Mrs Aboot to hit two 9s, one with each calibre, which made her day.

I did notice it, but me being from the Pans, I nicked it for the birds :D

I used the bench rest, which allowed Mrs Aboot to hit two 9s, one with each calibre, which made her day.

Just as well I spiked it then!

Did you try unmoderated? It will seem very quiet when you take an unmoderated outside next. Probably going down next on Wednesday if you want to join me.

Back