New Boots

Steve Sykes

Anyone got any thoughts, experience on meindl Island pro boots,
need some new boots was, thinking of these
any comment would be appreciated
atb Ste

I've tried all sorts over the years and last month I went back to an old pair of irish setters gave them a good rub with mink oil they are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. if you can find American made ones all the better.

Ive got a pair of island pro's and they are are comfy, i wear them generally everyday but they have cracked where the boot flexes near the toes i use meindl wax and it still hasnt stopped them cracking. The soles are wearing well and they occasionally leak from the wet grass and odd ditch. To be fair they dont last that long if you are using them everyday, if you get 3 years out of them you will be lucky.

Used to wear Meindl Dovre Extreme, fantastic boots but just too pricy. I now wear Lowa Mountain Boots every bit as good at fraction of the price. You can check them out on Fleabay.

Yeah i dont think really expensive means really good quality any more, i thought my meindls would have lasted at least 5 years but not a chance. Some people swear by them but i dont think there worth the money though just my experience with them :eek:

Anyone got any thoughts, experience on meindl Island pro boots,
need some new boots was, thinking of these
any comment would be appreciated
atb Ste

Got a pair of crispi steggs. Very good and good bit cheaper than meindl. And i find no difference in them. Both good.

Back