Day with Stalkinginengland

Just had a great day on Sunday, stalking fallow and muntjac with my mate Jordon, under the expert guidance of Mark Howard and Rob at Little Glemham Suffolk. The stalking was to be in large 100 acre plus mixed deciduous woodland with lots of hazel coppice. I went with Mark to one wood, Jordon with Rob to another. I have never seen so many deer slots anywhere before. We saw lots of Fallow but didn't get a suitable shot on. Jordon managed to down two Muntjac bucks after calling in five with his Buttolo!. He also saw forty-plus Fallow, but never managed a shot,as the deer were continually moving through the wood ( many eyes make hard work! ). After a lovely fry-up ( thanks Mark ) we swapped woods in the evening. The fallow kept one step ahead of us, we bumped a few muntjac in the coppiced hazel, which is typical of muntjac foot stalking:banghead: . We then stood in a grass ride with gun ready on sticks calling at intervals with the Buttolo, when a Muntie started barking at us 50yards behind us in the coppice. We about turned, and with every squeak with the Buttolo came a bark from the deer. Then I looked behind us and saw a buck followed by a doe cross the ride. About turn again!. Gun on sticks again, couple of squeaks and out came the buck at 80yards, I was ready, and shot him the second he stopped, then came the doe who we watched for a while, then let her on her way. Mark performed an expert gralloch, and we was on our way back to the farm to meet Jordan and Rob, who had managed a nice Prickett with a larder weight of 80+lbs?. We have both shot quite a few deer between us but I must say these stalks will take some beating! Mark and Rob are two of the most genuine, nice fellers I've met in a long time. Be back soon, thanks again Darren:thumb:

Thanks for the write up. It was a pleasure to meet you and we are very glad you enjoyed it.

Many thanks

Mark Howard (deer stalking in England Ltd)

Just spoken to Jordon and he reckons that's his 33rd deer with us for 25 stalks. That has to be some sort of record I would think!

Well done Darren, sound like you had a great days stalking, and well done stalkingengland it sounds like you are doing a very good job, and i must say 33 deer in 25 outings will take a lot of beating, Keep up the good work, Cheers Geoff

Well done Darren, sound like you had a great days stalking, and well done stalkingengland it sounds like you are doing a very good job, and i must say 33 deer in 25 outings will take a lot of beating, Keep up the good work, Cheers Geoff
Cheers Geoff, you haven't done so bad yourself!:p

+1 for Mark and Rob myself and mate stalked with them couple of times, very genuine people the first time we saw plenty of deer my mate missed one cleanly thankfully but we had great time .When it came to pay Mark was disappointed we hadn't shot anything so he told us both we could come again free of charge only paying a trophy fee . We. did go again both of us shot deer again having great couple of days and Mark good to his word only charged the trophy fee ,anyone looking for paid stalk won't go wrong with stalkinginengland. Trevor

First class pair of gents.
Can only speak highly of both and the whole setup,courses,boar trips etc.
Shot my first muntjac with Mark,emotional to say the least.(I cried)

Back