Thread: Stalking with Kent & Sussex Deer Control

Stalking with Kent & Sussex Deer Control

Its always a sad day when one reaches the end of a season.....well the end of the season for me that is as work commitments and a well deserved holiday will see me through to the close of the season.

So yesterday was the last time I was going to be able to get out after the fallow, so with a day book with Robin & Geoff and accompanied by the lovely Ali (a lady stalkier...a rear breed) we set off for the day.

To be fair on all we saw plenty of fallow all day but as most will know with the time of year the fallow are so switched on and the dry weather leaving a very crispy woodland ground cover, getting onto them was hard enough let along getting into a shootable beast. Despite both Ali and myself having raised the rifle during the day neither of us was offered the opportunity to squeeze the trigger.

With the day reaching an end we headed to another ground to all sit up in a high seat for the evening watch. Its these moments when you have time to reflect of our busy lives and switch off and enjoy the countryside and what a beautiful country we do live in. Whilst enjoying my thoughts I watched a fox work his way across the field and pass right under my high seat, no the wiser to my presence.

Before the evening settled out stepped a lovely beast and stood on his own for a while surveying the ground before walking out to feed. Raising the rifle I lined the crosshairs on him I squeezed of the round, heard the solid "thwack" keeping him in the sights I watched him run 40 yards before watching him go down. My shot pushed the heard which were still in cover down the field into the waiting guns of both Geoff and Ali who managed to bag a beast each.

All I can say is that it was a fitting end to a fantastic fallow season for myself....I am reminded of a comment by Geoff's who said "we aim to be the best" well all I can say is once again thanks Robin & Geoff for offering the service you do and I can only look forward to next season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	david and ali 1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	53766

Well done Dave, Robin and Geoff have had a good season down there this year

Fantastic well done

Robin and Geoff always work hard to make it a great day and I am glad it paid off for you.

Thanks for the write up and for the pic of Ali so I can prove to my wife women DO go stalking

Hi Dave, What a hard days stalking, but it all came together in the last thirty minutes, and a fitting end to your Fallow season, Ali has now taken seven deer in four outings and is so keen to learn, its a pity that she shot the Pricket and i shot the Buck, it would have been better the other way round. Hope you have a great summer and i look forward to meeting up again in the Autumn. Thanks lads for you kind comments, Regards Geoff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ali david geoff 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	53787
    Last edited by KSDC; 10-03-2015 at 20:36.

We all know Geoff that you "told" Ali to shoot the pricket!!!!! anyway we all know it had a poor head and was not worth keeping on the ground.

I like Geoff's comment about a hard day, all he did was sit in a high seat, again , still next year his heart problems out of the way I can sit and watch while he walks
    Both those bucks with head off and ready for the larder went over 110 pounds, as you said David they were poor heads and needed taking out,
    Geoff is really relieved it wasn't one of the big lads.
    Thank you Ali and David for your company this year, we have had some fun and shot some good animals.
    Thank you Geoff for your eternal optimism and good company it's nice to have a friend who doesn't take advantage of offers made, or deride people behind their backs.
    Just a few more weeks and we will bring this season to a close on the Fallow I would like to thank all our clients who have used us. It has been our pleasure to take you all out and I have the list of all those wishing to book for next season ready to hand.
    So once again many thanks to you all.
    Kent and Sussex Deer Control