Browning Maxus semi auto shot gun

Jonny Boy

Got tis gun at the CLA last year and used it a bit for wildfowling and pigeons. Its a nice gun to shoot although I find its jams regularly right at the start of a session and then again towards the end. It fires the shell in the breach ok but then tries to load both shells out the mag at the same time. I was advised to turn the gas down but there doesn't appear to be adjustment on the gun or even any mention of it in the manual. It fires everything from 28g to 42g and it does it regardless of the cartridge. Am I missing something or have I just got a lemon?

Cheers

Jonny

Had my Browning Maxus for just under 5 year and i knew that it had a problem with 65mm lights cartridge loads so i never even tried but it has never let me down and i have used 32g all the way up to 3 1/2" 66g BB cartridges without a glitch.

Got tis gun at the CLA last year and used it a bit for wildfowling and pigeons. Its a nice gun to shoot although I find its jams regularly right at the start of a session and then again towards the end. It fires the shell in the breach ok but then tries to load both shells out the mag at the same time. I was advised to turn the gas down but there doesn't appear to be adjustment on the gun or even any mention of it in the manual. It fires everything from 28g to 42g and it does it regardless of the cartridge. Am I missing something or have I just got a lemon?

Cheers

Jonny

First I have heard of a problem with them, have shot a few myself recently and they were faultless, cycled everything well.

Back