Clarkson to present fieldsports Britain?

The 3 of them have ruined a good motoring programme and after all these years of decline is now a pantomime with little or no interest to anyone other than boy racers with moustaches like an earwig..

There must be a lot of boy racers around with moustaches then as love it or hate it, it one of the most successful shows the BBC has and sells all around the world. I must agree though it doesn't have much to do with everyday motoring, its more of a general entertainment program

The BBC could be painting itself into a corner. Whether you like the programme or not, it's the biggest earner that they have. It's shown in dozens of countries and there are other versions, such as the American one that altogether rake in millions for the Beeb.

I'm not sure what'll happen to Clarkson. He did own but has now sold the programme rights to the BBC or the answer would be to take it, lock stock and barrel to another channel. If they do sack him, without a doubt he would be impossible to replace and any future Top Gear would be seen as inferior. If not in content, certainly as a cash cow.

It'll be interesting to know what did actually happen. It would also be interesting to discover whether, like I suspect some of the other antics of late this is all a wheeze to keep the show ratings and saleability up. The presenters are not getting any younger and the show in that format has been going for a good while now.

Some of the other "incidents" I do believe could have been edited out if they wanted. The "slope" incident was obviously pre-recorded. The same with the "eeny meeny" thing. Which leads me to believe that they were left in to give the programmes the edge they need and to paint Clarkson as the bad boy, an image he obviously nurtures. I might be wrong, but I guess time will tell.

What is most disappointing about this is that actually it's all a bit insignificant in the scheme of things, it does not require much thought to sort it out, however as usual it has been blown out of all proportions & will require teams of people paid far to much money to chat about it over lunch until a solution is found, it will be miked by everyone inc the media & their lawyers.

It is a shame the BBC did not have this attitude and swift response to the most disgusting and outrageous problems concerning the untouchables that have been pandered to in the past within it's own ranks or outsiders, given access to all areas and gold cards.

After the internal sexual harassment accusations to ignoring and dumbing down the horrendous things done by Saville, actually even raising the issue of Clarkson and his comments is just bo***cks. Passing off fiction as fact for years & false accusations of Lord McAlpine amongst other it is a catalogue of incompetance

From an organisation fraught with internal bickering and staff's personal issues most would deem as 'totally minor' such as tweets that show them in a bad light to spending 200k on lessons for staff to lean how to use the ipad & apple technology, it's a f**&*n joke.

I don't have a telly but I know there is much worse to be seen & heard on it than 'Top Gear' and the odd thoughtless comment by a poorly dressed dinosaur like Clarkson.

The 3 of them have ruined a good motoring programme and after all these years of decline is now a pantomime with little or no interest to anyone other than boy racers with moustaches like an earwig..

and possibly the most successful and lucrative current BBC program globally, spawning a plethora of franchises and events.......but hey...they ruined it......

Assault in the work place requires instant dismissal no matter where you work, and good ridance i say

Last edited:
I do love Top Gear, and it's ability to cock a snoop at Political correctness. It's not a motoring programme and doesn't even pretend to be - it's just good entertainment and if you don't like it you can turn bop re to Call The Midwife.

I do get a sense there are an awful lot of middle aged middle class males who probably fall in the category of dinosaur cos they don't agree with Ed Milliband.

Even the Hampster said they will show Last of the Summer Wine in place of Top Gear. Truth spoken in jest.

Well...just a thought now he doesn't have a job.

excellent idea. So,

its called Top Deer
there is a mystery stalker called The Stag who tests all the new kit
A star shoots various disciplines at Bisley to see if can hit anything
AND half the programme is dedicated to slating LACS, RSBP and BASC

anything else?

S

Quite pleased the beeb have acted in this way ,despite the 400,000 morons wanting him reinstated I consider him very offensive and will not tolerate his droning voice.

And you thought the tv license was about to be dropped,

A skam. I dare not sujest such a thing

Dig deep tv lovers weather you watch it or not you will be paying for something we all should have for free,

Even if 99% of free tv is total crud your going to pay for it anyway.

Great Briton my Rs

Back