QD Mounts

hunta

I've recently fitted a picatinni rail to one of my rifles and would like some QD mounts to allow me to remove the scope and replace without loss of zero. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

What scope Andy? There are a variety of options - Warne QD seem to hold well for me - I hear Leupold QRW are also good. Then there's Talley, Recknagel plus all the unimount systems. Budget is probably the key.

weaver-grand-slam-qr-rings.jpgIf it is a heavy scope mounted high, and rifle with a sharp recoil, I would go with the Warne or Leupold QRW, because they have a wide base, to give some resistance in leverage. I have used them both on .375 H&H and some light ( 6.25 lb ) .270s and .30-06.

Otherwise, I just bought a set of the Weaver steel QR rings with lever like the Warne, and they fit well, and seem sturdy. They come in matte and polished blue. I am using them on a Browning BLR in 7mm-08 with a scope which weighs only 11 ounces. They are lighter than the Warne and about 40% less in price.

Last edited:
I've recently fitted a picatinni rail to one of my rifles and would like some QD mounts to allow me to remove the scope and replace without loss of zero. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Burris, Seekins, Third Eye Tactical, Nightforce, Spuhr, to name a few. Rings Archives - Optics Warehouse

Scope Rings
http://spuhrwebshop.com/en/mounts-for-picatinny/

I personally can't stand Warne rings, or any other rings that don't split horizontally. A lot of the designers of these rings clearly don't shoot or ever try to use their products. I use Burris rings mainly, but I've yet to find the ideal set of rings. I do like the rings with built in levels, but haven't seen one that goes quite low enough yet. The Burris Signature Rings are a good concept, but poorly executed. I do think Picatinny rails are the way to go, but rings that adjust easily just don't seem to be out there yet.

Regards JCS

Last edited:
I don't have JCS's depth of experience but I do use my Warne QD's to switch my scope between two Steyr Scouts (.243 and .308) and they're faultless in operation so I highly recommend them.

I don't have JCS's depth of experience but I do use my Warne QD's to switch my scope between two Steyr Scouts (.243 and .308) and they're faultless in operation so I highly recommend them.

I agree that the Warne's will work fine once the scope is installed in them. I just struggle with the initial set-up of the scope in Warne rings. Regards JCS

I agree that the Warne's will work fine once the scope is installed in them. I just struggle with the initial set-up of the scope in Warne rings. Regards JCS

Thats true, it does make initial Crosshair alignment slightly trickier but you do only need to do it once :)

I have a set of Leupold QR high mounts for sale on here if your interested.
Fresh slots did enquire if they were still for sale, but as yet he hasn,t replied to PM.
They are brand new in package, never fitted to rifle

SORRY NOW SOLD

Last edited:
Warne QD all the way.
I remember when they first came into the country and bought a pair that had been 'Field tested' by the editor of the magazine that is no longer.
I have used several since and once set up they are set up for life.
I have used the QD mounts on my Steyr Luxus and recently mounted a set on my new Maral and have every confidence in them.

Thank you for your replies. The rifle is a Mannlicher 8 x 68S and scope is a S&B 3 - 12 x 50 which I want to mount reasonably close to the barrel. I have looked at the Recknagel which look good and at a good price but wanted to seek further opinions. I will definitely look at the Warne and some of the others that were mentioned.

Not long did same thing & put my scopes into Warne maxima QR rings .... HD zero so far perfectly ....

Paul

I have a set of Leupold QR high mounts for sale on here if your interested.
Fresh slots did enquire if they were still for sale, but as yet he hasn,t replied to PM.
They are brand new in package, never fitted to rifle

SORRY NOW SOLD

Sorry pm, not seen. Just checked and havent recieved a message.

Back