Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a sleeping / shooting box

Building a sleeping / shooting box

Well, surprised me when I was given an old caravan chassis in good shape on Tuesday this week and am now planning to fit it out as a 1.60m x 2.00m box on top of it with 4x shooting windows 1x access door and a sleeping bench for those long vigils for catching marauding boar working out on the maize.
    So far no money invested.

Looking forward to the pictures of this build

Chassis was shortened today to be more flexible when reversing and so as not to annoy the farmers by covering too much crop area from the farmers field then it was welded back together. Took 3 hours to do so far spent nowt cashwise on it.

Now it is all painted battleship grey (all I had left over) plus I added some M12 bolts passing through the two (one inside the other and then welded together frames) to function as shear studs to stop any risk of the chassis starting any horizontal movement when starting towing it after it will have been sitting out for some months in one position and then everything locks up a little which would then be stressing out the welds.
    Now it is up to the other hunter on this lease to add the shooting box on top of the chassis.

Interesting post Martin, I'm looking forward to hear how this develops, some pics would be great.

Good luck

My Hunting Blog: click here

I have to my shame never figured out yet how to post pics on here.

go to the picture frame third diagram from the right click on it then click on from computor it takes you to your gallerys click on picture/s it loads you press select file it loads as they say in a foreign language viola! it should work,this is coming from an it moron so if i can do it anyone can, mind you i still dont know how to do the click here link thingummie bob doodah!
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 26-03-2015 at 17:33.

Heres a 35kg ueberlaufer boar that I shot earlier this year (test)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boar January 2015.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	356.5 KB 
ID:	54507

WOW that was easy.
    Thanks for the guidance.