Check zero.

.243 t3

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone in the area of Hammersmith just out side of london that may be kind enough to let me just check my zero on my rifle as I dropped it and are going stalking Friday.? I'm working down here and don't know of any ranges I can go to do this, will only need to fire 3 rnds.

Any ideas will will be great .

Hi pine marten

i spoke to them on phone this morning , I only need to fire three rounds so thought was a expensive way to just check its on lol.

Hi pine marten

i spoke to them on phone this morning , I only need to fire three rounds so thought was a expensive way to just check its on lol.

Yes, that's correct, everything is disproportionally expensive and complicated down here. This is normal for us. I've been trying to test the zero on my drilling for almost three months now, but it requires half a day away from home and a trip to Bisley so I keep having to can it.

Red-dot that's a good point :D I'm used to just walking out the back of my house and shooting not having to pay Togo to ranges .very lucky really

Why cant you put a box/target up when you get to your stalking ground and do it there? I have, in the past when I have felt the need to check' gone to a part of the ground I'm not going to stalk and dealt with it there.... If you are going out on a paid day I would be amazed if the ghillie/pro stalker didn't have somewhere to zero!

Vipa,
yes going out as a guest so might just say to him I need to check it as don't want to go out and have a good opportunity to take a nice animal and miss :confused:

Bore sight it visually? At least you'll know if it's moved majorly.....

The West London Shooting School need f#*?ing for charging prices like that

garlands between burton/tamworth £6 an hour .where the fuff do you get £100 an hour from .ooh silly me London air is more expensive to displace than scuddy staffordshire air:stir:

When you're buying H and H rifles £102 p/h is just pocket change. Chuck a sickie and head for Bisley.

People with money are savvy - if you've just bought something expensive, it will have been prepared for you and the range time would be free - then you're off on the hinds up north for 3 or 4 days.

This range is designed to extract money out of the ordinary shooter - possibly even being coughed up through embarrassment when you tip up and realise the price. They are capitalising on the location as the clay prices are comparable to higher end grounds around the country.

This is ten times what I pay if I choose to zero off my own land - for £102 I'd want a glass of champagne and a BJ too :D

Last edited:
There are tens of thousands of FAC holders within the catchment are of the WLSS, and there are enough of them who can afford their prices to make their range a viable commercial proposition. As far as I know, there aren't any fullbore rifle ranges left in London itself. Their main clay shooting operation is also very much at the premium end of the market and it's always booked up. It's not a public service after all. So where does the London shooter of ordinary means and with limited time go to zero or practice? Well nowhere really. It's a similar situation to that regarding reasonably-priced gunshops or indeed places to live. It takes a fair amount of commitment, being a London deerstalker...

Why do people complain about the price of goods a services. You have a choice, pay the money or go somewhere cheaper. Now I'm off to my back garden and shoot a few rounds:finger:

Why should we pay the £102 pound for the hour? Just to fire three rounds? They say it's for a hour and also have a instructor with you! What do I need a instructor with me for ? I've been granted a firearms licence so obviously capable of using a firearms on my own.but that's just londons prices by the looks.

Fish and chips! London =. £11.20
back home =. £5.90

says it all!:D

Back