Ppu .223

ravanelli

Hi
Anyone tell me if it's possible to find a good round from Privi for:
A) Fox
B) Crows

At the moment using Hornady 55gr V-max. Don't mind these on Fox, but too expensive for crows etc. Any suggestions please?

BTW rifle has 1:12 Twist

Rav

privvi s/points at 9,70 a box mines t3 1in8 hardly any difference in accuracy in mine from sako s/ps all within 3/4inch at 100mtrs i tried the winchester x varmint not quite as good and twice the price of privvis, so privvis for fox and sakos for roe,

The Norma VMax 50g are awesome.
I was fannying around last year using 55g PPU for rabbits and squirrels and the 50g Vmax for foxes and crows. I managed to keep it up until I had 100 Privi cases and then I bought a Lee Loader and started reloading. This then gave me comparable accuracy to the Vmax for the price of the PPU. Win win :)

Now I've messed it all up by putting the NV on my .223 so am about to start loading for my .243 :D

Privi PPU through my Nosler M48 NCR .223 produce 1/4 MOA at 100m off bipod only.
Pics of three groups (1x3 at 9 o'clock, 2x4 at 12 and 6 o'clock)below on a 3" S-N-C.
To be honest, I couldn't believe it myself at the time; more than adequate for corvids and as others have posted for your pocket too.
IMG_4063.jpg

Last edited:
I use prvi 55gr SP in my Howa 1500 1:12 and its accurate for me out to 200 yards. Beyond that the grouping stretches - but maybe thats me!!

Back