BASC Arran... this years stags on/off?

Paul at Fechan

I phoned up the other week to see when the stag dates for Arran were going to become available and it seems like nothing has been confirmed. I'm assuming that it's because the lease is due for re-tender and there's just a delay in getting the tender advertised?

anybody know anything?

BASC are awaiting the results of the tender process so the dates wont be out for a while assuming they are successfull

I haven't seen the Arran tender advertised? Last time round basc were the only ones that put in for it so Mike said. Someone needs to pull the finger out!

It was at one time fixed for BASC but after they looked at it in detail they decided to open it up like any other tender so that it was equil. Sadly when I read the detail in the tender document there were not many that would have qualified for the lease .In fact I would go as far to say it was still leaning to a BASC for Arran. I was told that this scheme has been very successful and might be rolled out over other areas of the NFE.

2015 SNH Stag stalking tender also available on Rum.

Lovely Island and the best of stalking, but absolutely no infrastructure to support any sort of client stalking. . . well unless your prepared to sleep in a tent and cook on a primos stove.

Lovely Island and the best of stalking, but absolutely no infrastructure to support any sort of client stalking. . . well unless your prepared to sleep in a tent and cook on a primos stove.

There is now a lovely new hostel.

Back