Schmidt and Bender click values on retro fitted elevation turret

Bill Wapiti

Klaus at SnB got back to me about retro fitting an elevation turret.

Choice of 5mm or 8mm clicks at 100 metres....

ive only been aware of .5cm 1cm or 1.5cm click values before on metric scopes....

if i choose the 8mm option is this the equivalent of 1/4 MOA ? (Then i revert to yards)

Excuse my ignorance....please !

Thanks guys, if elevation is limited to 32 clicks its not a lot of range to play with running a short barreled 308 at .5mm values....all interesting stuff, ive e mailed SnB back to see whether its 1cm clicks as i would've thought....

Thanks guys, if elevation is limited to 32 clicks its not a lot of range to play with running a short barreled 308 at .5mm values....all interesting stuff, ive e mailed SnB back to see whether its 1cm clicks as i would've thought....
Will the elevation not be limited by the amount of movement inside the scope, rather than to a given number of clicks? If there's more movement per click, will there not simply be fewer clicks?

I'd say 32 x 5mm clicks is just not enough to be useful. Will just get you to around 300m with 308.
I had one klassik scope fitted with turrets at S&B, it had between 7 & 8mm clicks. I just fired three shots, clicked up by 20 clicks and measured how far the second group was away to find out the real click value. Made up a drop chart out of that then which works to this day on a friends rifle.
My Zenith with the same turrets has 10mm clicks.
edi

Thanks Edi, just what i was thinking....will save up instead for a Kahles 624i.....seem to recall seeing one of these on one of your rifles !!!

Bit of an usual one this. The common MILRADS are 0.2 and 0.1 turrets. The
0.2 is for older .50 and subsonic rifles.

The MOA is termed 1 inch so = 25.4mm.
When you do the sums is gives
@ 100 yards 6.5mm and 100m 7mm.. I am not sure how these turrets would
help?

Back