Is a dead swan any good for a taxidermist to use on here?

stratts

Bit of a strange one this but are there any taxidermists on here that can make use of a swan?

I was driving round my perm today and found one that had hit some power lines and hadn't been there long. It's near perfect (apart from being dead!!) with just a small mark on the neck and wing where it made contact and I assume it broke its neck. It's currently in my larder as I wanted to find out if it was any use before I placed it in the freezer.

I would have thought it would be quite rare to get a good one to use but if not I'll take it back and let nature take its course,

Cheers

Stratts

a big bag of aunt bessies around it about 35mins per pound, oops sorry it,s part cooked make that twenty mins,

Anyone know if it's ok to keep hold of it? I thought with things like this or owls, birds of prey, etc, you had to write out a declaration saying it was found and not killed by yourself or something like that?

Cheers

Stratts

:rofl:

And they taste crap you would be better eating a brent :norty: use the feathers for fishing floats and fox bait the rest :eek:

Trust you!! :doh:

Our oven aint big enough they are big old units when close up and I am amazed at how thick and soft the feathers are too. And they stink!! :rolleyes:

just to go off tangent,not like me this,but ive been on to stephen fry and hes got it from the horses mouth so to speak,tug forelock present rear, that the best thing on earth to wipe your derriere with is da da da a swans neck,!! so there you go eat the swan get the squits and your good to go with the rest,:tiphat: ,,,,ps if your putting it on your bonnet lick the feet first it will help it to stick!:thumb:

Last edited:
just to go off tangent,not like me this,but ive been on to stephen fry and hes got it from the horses mouth so to speak,tug forelock present rear, that the best thing on earth to wipe your derriere with is da da da a swans neck,!! so there you go eat the swan get the squits and your good to go with the rest,:tiphat: ,,,,ps if your putting it on your bonnet lick the feet first it will help it to stick!:thumb:

if it where me stratts i would hollow it out dry it curve the neck around ,then slap it on the teapot,

You sir are a genius, or bonkers, I can't quite decide!! :rofl:

its the way i tell um! oh by the way if your thinking of giving it the defribulator dont bother its just had 50,000volts through it! and it never flinched, hey ive just thought of a money spinner get on to michael palin and tell him youve found a very pale nor:Dwegian blue! im here all week try the veal! if your thinking of making a tutu out of it to go with your onesie make sure you delouse it first it will be full of lice, ,,,,be a nice outfit for kelso that will,leave the head and neck on for that off the shoulder look,cheers mate,

Last edited:
They are not edible in any normal way but are great fox bait when placed just out from a wood for a shy fox.

Spoke to a local taxidermist who wants it and is going to sort me a deal when I bag my first Roe buck this year. He's also interested in any munties and fox's we shoot so may be a good outlet and a blessing in disguise. Once he does it I'll get some pics up,

Stratts

Back