Safety Forum - another call for one on here!

JockStalk

Not wishing to give oxygen to the safety pedants/ nazis/ funpolice etc, however..........

There are a lot of gems of wisdom that are practical and would be helpful to pull out of the other forums into a safety forum.

For example:
Good practice ideas
Lone working/ GPS/ PLB's
New kit that makes stalking a bit easier/ takes out some of the risk
Sharing info on incidents we get to hear of
'How to' advice for common issues

Tin hat on, but personally (and looking at some recent threads under general) I think it would help.

JS

It would certainly get my vote.

Having attended one of Aviator Joe's courses, and also had a couple of situations when out and about stalking or fishing, I think it would be both of general interest and beneficial to Site members.

Not a bad or silly idea at all, and it would get the "thumbs up" from me!
After all we should all know that no matter how much we think we know or how clever we believe we are there is always something new that we can learn from or that might help us to improve our skills or knowledge a little more!

Its a good idea, but some people and organisations are obsessed with H&S and it can soon get out of hand and unrealistic perhaps it would need a good moderator to control.

Not wishing to give oxygen to the safety pedants/ nazis/ funpolice etc, however..........

There are a lot of gems of wisdom that are practical and would be helpful to pull out of the other forums into a safety forum.

For example:
Good practice ideas
Lone working/ GPS/ PLB's
New kit that makes stalking a bit easier/ takes out some of the risk
Sharing info on incidents we get to hear of
'How to' advice for common issues

Tin hat on, but personally (and looking at some recent threads under general) I think it would help.

JS

Good idea, but to be honest that gets covered already on here under various titles/subjects.

why not just sticky any relevant posts?

The problem with that is that the threads are then spread across multiple sub-forums.

So would everyone be more likely to read Stickys or a dedicated Safety forum...?

Back