Successful predator hunt (bulgaria)

Because I dont really sell any hunting I've not vetted I went to bulgaria with some close clients to see how this hunt could be conducted and modified to become a commercial hunt.
We tried spotlighting, driven and ambush over bait (3 nights and 2 days) for jackal and fox with the chance of wolf or boar if required or available.
It went better then I could have hoped. Every form of shooting produced shots for me and my clients.
Accommodation was excellent and so was the food.
Total bag for 4 guns was 32 jackal 2 fox a small pig and a few various.
I personally shot 15 jackal the pig and a fox.
Lamping was around 2 1/2 hours a night. Ambush over bait was 21/2 hours at dusk and the mornings we had 2 drives.
We were a little over scoped for driven having large scopes but we managed well shooting 5 or 6 of the jackals on the run.

Last edited:
It always concerns me when the bloke who is arranging a trip for a group of paying Rifles shoots over half the bag himself.

Last edited:
It always concerns me when the bloke who is arranging a trip for a group of paying Rifles shoots over half the bag himself.
they had as many shots as me they just didnt connect. I also was shooting the jackals out beyond 300m they were not comfy with that. And who said when it goes commercial i will even be hunting or there?

they had as many shots as me they just didnt connect. I also was shooting the jackals out beyond 300m they were not comfy with that. And who said when it goes commercial i will even be hunting or there?

It is good to see that he personally vets any shoot BEFORE he sells on, that way he knows what he is selling well done yorky

An excellent trip, just don't under estimate how robust a jackal is, much stronger than a fox. I opted for my standard 55gr ballistic tip foxing rounds (.223) Quickly found that I needed something that would hold together a bit better. Would have at least doubled my personal bag if I had been more confident of clean kills. Will be going again next year with a more suitable calibre/bullet, jackals thick on the ground

My combination shone through and assured kills even at long range I took my fast twist 22250 with 60gr Btip rounds which worked very well though the ones that assured very clean kills were the 75gr AMAX rounds. I would say a .243 with 70-80gr bullets would be a great combination.

Last edited:
My combination shone through and assured kills even at long range I took my fast twist 22250 with 60gr Btip rounds which worked very well though the ones that assured very clean kills were the 75gr AMAX rounds. I would say a .243 with 70-80gr bullets would be a great combination.

Thanks for the writeup and photos - really good to hear you enjoyed yourselves and sounds a cracking trip!!!;)
Be interesting for a rough guide price either here or PM you - 280 ackley and 162 A-max okay lol

Thanks for the writeup and photos - really good to hear you enjoyed yourselves and sounds a cracking trip!!!;)
Be interesting for a rough guide price either here or PM you - 280 ackley and 162 A-max okay lol
bring what you like im getting prices for next year or autumn this year as we speak. guide price will be around 1.5K-1.6K inc flights it will depend on so many things but we will put it together.

Well done john that looks like a fantastic trip :) I keep promising myself a trip like this ... Maybe next year
Atb Jim

Back